1995 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )
Truly an Ultimate Driving Machine
By gordy1096 on 01/21/12 15:20 PM (PST)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

The E36, 5-speed manual, inline 6 is the most fun I have had behind the wheel of a car. I was amazed at how it accelerates even from a lower speed in 5th gear. It is incredibly stable at high speeds (100+ mph) and it comes to a stop on a dime. Never felt more safe and comfortable driving that fast. It shifts beautifully and is incredibly fun to drive. No major mechanical problems and I'm at 160k. Mine in avus blue & the beautifully designed exterior looks incredible - especially after I changed the yellow blinkers on the front corner, side and rear to clear lenses. I think its the best looking car on the road when you have the rear spoiler, sunroof tilted and clean wheels. Highly recommended

1995 BMW M3
By Kevin on 06/20/10 21:09 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

To start with this beautiful piece of German engineering, the E36 M3 is a gem. Of coarse coming from a person that has tested some of today's super-cars, The 1995 M3 has been my affordable choice. I purchased this car with 98k miles for an unbeatable price. The first thing I noticed was the purr of the high-performance dual-overhead camshaft S50 motor. Then as the test drive started, I was astonished how a mere 240 hp and 225 ft/lb tq could throw me into the back of the aggressively styled Vader seats. Now the previous owner didn't take the best care of this machine, and due to the negligence, I have to replace the motor, get the interior re-upholstered, etc. but no regrets.

Just what I wanted
By David on 10/08/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

So they raved about this car when it hit the US and man were they spot-on! Having had Z cars, Supra's, and other BMW 3's, this car is the tops. Mine has 242,000 miles and still rocks! Love to take people at work out for lunch, then charge back into the parking lot to show off those great brakes... up to 100mph and stomp on the brakes and listen to folks shriek! Starting to think about an E46 M3, and hope to get the same results with it... we'll see... Yes that silly radiator/water pump thing is a known weak spot, true. But easy to replace every 70,000 miles and go on too. SO... the big question is... why isn't anyone making a car like this today? Currently in a CTS and it only gets 20mpg...:>(

Great car, terrible for younger drivers!
By Jeffrey on 08/30/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car with 110k miles. I have driven it VERY hard for another 8k without a single problem. No telling this car is 14 years old! Beats cars that are brand new, handles like it's brand new, no rattles, no major mechanical issues. Well, a few, but I expected to put between 500-1000 into the car immediately and then 1000-2000 over the first year and it's been much less, even with an accident. I ran the car off the road pushing it to it's limit and all it had was a bent control arm, these cars are solid! It's the 4th bmw I've owned and first M3. Couldn't be happier, I'm just worried about tickets. :)

Best Car of My Life
By Ron Stopfer on 02/22/09 06:14 AM (PST)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I bought this red M3 in Dec 94 (a 1995 model) as my 50th birthday present. This is THE best car I've ever owned! Fun to drive! Totally reliable! Great comfort! Bulletproof mechanically! Very nice trunk (unlike my 911)! Looks like it's speeding while parked. A head turner every day. While I've driven this luxury model over 115,000 miles, it is still a special treat to get inside this and drive it, every day. If I only had one car to drive, every day, for the rest of my life, it would be this BMW car. I currently have half a dozen cars (including a 2003 Mustang SVT "tuned" Cobra), and two BMW motorcycles, but everyday I go out, I instinctively get in the M3 and let it go. Buy one!

The ultimate drving machine
By svm3 on 11/28/08 14:31 PM (PST)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

Amazing car. It changed my views on cars. I never realized a car could be so fun. If you take care of it it will take care of you. Buy this car if you want a sporty fun handling car at a reasonable price. The 1995 is different then the 1996 so make your own decision on which you would like to buy

The Best Car... Ever.
By Pandoras3of9 on 06/23/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I have had this 1995 BMW M3 for 50k miles. I've driven it 2300 miles only stopping for gas cross country 3 times (about 35hrs per trip). Its paint is still glossy, the auto shifts and pushes just as hard as the manual version I tested. The driving position is perfect for me (I'm 6ft). I have pushed many cars to their limits, but by far this car has the most crisp handling, strongest braking, smoothest power delivery, and best high speed stability of any car you could buy for 20K and any new car under 35K.

95 Alpine White M3
By 95 Alpine white M3 on 06/03/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I have owned 6 BMWs and three Porsches, this car has made me fall in love it is beautiful and fast it has many mods such as euro intake, ss exhaust etc. would not trade for anything. The M series is truly the Ultimate Driving Machine.

A true dream come true.
By Kyle on 12/04/07 17:14 PM (PST)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I've been after an M3 for years. Found a superb example a year ago. Short of nothing but great. The faint of heart need not apply for ownership. All jokes aside the car is as incredible as I dreamt it would be.

A great car, with lots of power
By Mike on 04/12/07 15:54 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

The M3 is one of the best cars I have owned. It is tremendous fun to drive, with lots of power and terrific handling. I bought it instead of a Porsche 911 and am very happy I did. A spoiler makes the aesthetics even better. I also have enjoyed the built-in high persormance radar. The trunk holds two sets of golf clubs, so it has been perfect for games with a friend. While it works best as a two person car, the rear seats are big enough to comfortably take children in car seats.