2006 BMW M Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
Wow what a car.
By Kaya Oktayuren on 06/18/06 10:20 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

At this price point one has lots of choices. BMW's fit, finish and M's performance did it for me. I love my car, I only wish it had little more seat back recline angle. I would also like to have had 255/19s up front and 285/19s at the rear. I wanted to change a few things but I was told by my dealer that I have to wait a year before things like louder exhausts etc. are available.

My Ultimate Driving Machine
By Paul S of Dallas on 06/03/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Been driving this since mid-may and I absolutely love it. Looks sharp, great quality, phenomenal performance, and the BMW service behind it. My 3rd new Bimmer and by far the best.

Great Improvement on previous M roadster
By harold on 05/29/06 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so much better than my 2000 M Roadster that after one test drive I was sold. Since then, it keeps getting better. Incredible fun to drive. Get one and smile a lot!

Fun to Drive
By Sal G on 05/02/06 14:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Blue/Black M Roadster for just over two weeks. It is quick, handles extremely well and has great brakes. I find the ride to be firm but not punishing. This is a fine automobile with superb fit and finish. I have a DB9 and a Porsche 997S and I find this car more fun to drive than either of those two excellent autos.

M Power To The Recue!
By Bimmer Boy on 04/20/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Jump in open roadster style, just make sure your shoes aren't dirty so you don't get your comfy M seats dirty. Within just a few seconds, 4.5 to be exact you can lose your license but I would be smiling the entire time. I haven't been able to hit high speeds or get to 60 that quick due to the break in period, but just thinking about it gets me excited. Handling is great, being able to take turns that can easily get you arrested is more than just fun. The steering wheel fits in your hands while the shifter is perfectly placed, just as the pedals are. It's hard to keep this car under 80 even on the curvy freeway onramps.

fun fun fun
By JShaffer on 04/04/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

(Black/black/black, all features except Nav). This car is a dramatic improvement over my old Z4 (2003, 3.0l). The ride alone is worth the money. The engine is more than powerful enough, especially for the US where you can become illegal in about 4.5 seconds. The cornering and straight line acceleration are delightful. The engine noise of the old Z4 was better (piped in sound), but I have not yet been able to get to high revs due to break in period. I love the Z4 look, it really is better in real life, and the M roadster is sharper and more aggressive looking. You will not be sorry. You will be happy. Get hard top prep so you can go to the track.

What's up with the cup holders!
By RK on 04/01/06 19:11 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up the car on March 30th. Have been driving a LOT to complete the 'break-in' period of 2000km. Have to change gears prior to 5500rpm due to this. The car starts to 'take-off' at 4000rpm and then it's time to change gears. I think I will love the accel from 4000rpm to the red-line at 8000rpm. This car hugs the road like a go-cart. No body roll!! Taking exit ramps designed for 50kph at >100kph without problems. This car handles like a gem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.