Used 2000 BMW M Base Convertible Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 BMW M Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (21 reviews )

Most fun you can have in public
By H2oskier

2000 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible

Very fun car to drive, especially if you can find some curves. Northwest Arkansas is very nice to "test" the curves. We 1st had a 1997 1.8 Z3 and the power difference is amazing. Power is addicting... never too much. No mechanical issues. Since car has been lowered with H&R springss, it is very hard on tires. Khumo's ride and perform the best overall. and are afforable $ 115. Very safe cars, I was T boned by a truck at 45mpg and it only knocked the wind out of me. Door held up very well and prevented truck from sitting in my lap. If you can find a well maintained M buy it.

Classic looks, love the power and easy to add more to. Simple classic interior Comfortable seats. Very direct steering

Adjustable camber in suspension

BMW M-Roadster
By Billy Brush

2000 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is a very stylish car which begs to be driven. My first test drive I was amazed by the front end power which the Roadster gave. From that point on I was sold. Great car, reliable, and fast! Fun to drive.

Fast, stylish, not too expensive

A backseat would be nice

107,000 miles and still going
By Chris

2000 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car three weeks ago. In that time I have put over 3000 miles on the car. I think the car could use a little more power but 240 HP is not bad at all. I wish I could tilt the seats themselves, not the back rest. When you are driving you seem to block the clock. I drive this car very hard and I still get above 20 MPG! With most cars I have felt the need to speed to have fun but you will have fun with this car going the speed limit. I can reach everything very easily and I can hit the ASC botton when my hand is on the stick. Build quality, are you kidding me, its a bmw, it dosen't get any better than that. I have 107000 miles on my M roadster. It was a CPO.

The rear seemed a little loose at high speed corners so get a butt-strut to fix that and the car is good to go.

136mph and strong
By ///M

2000 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible

Since selling my Z3 and purchasing my first M, its been the funnest car yet. After pushing it to 136mph, it felt smooth as silk. BMW really knows how to make the Ultimate Driving Machine. Although the car still seemed hungry for more speed, it pretty much topped off at 136. They didn't make the M model for the hell of it, they made it for the power. Put a rear wing on it, it will stand out more.

Smooth engine, torques at 3800, interior is classy and everything within reach.

Bucket seats are nice but uncomfortable in long drives. Car is a bit heavy which takes up the M's power.

The Mach 5
By GoSpeedRacer

2000 BMW M Convertible 2dr Convertible

The only thing different between this
car and the one from the cartoon, is
that my car is silver (w/blue-black
interior) and I don't have all those
nifty gadgets. However, it blows away,
performance-wise, nearly every car on
the road (exceptions being $100K+
porsches, ferraris, and some
corvettes). I've had other sports cars
in the past, but this is by far the
most exhilerating drive of my life! At
130mph, with the top down, it's still
as smooth as a hot knife through
butter. I'd be tempted to get the full
DINAN upgrade (another $35K though),
but I'd be too worried with all that
ADDITIONAL performance, I'd probably
kill myself.

Acceleration, cornering, styling. Color combination somewhat rare (Silver ext., blue top, with a black/blue interior).

Tilt steering wheel to help get in/out of the car. GPS system (I love gadgets) like other BMWs. A storage compartment behind/between the seats (of course, that means giving up one of the speakers though).