Used 2000 BMW M Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Bmw M - Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW M

View reviews for a specific M model:

BMW M-Roadster
By Billy Brush

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

This is a very stylish car which begs to be driven. My first test drive I was amazed by the front end power which the Roadster gave. From that point on I was sold. Great car, reliable, and fast! Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Fast, stylish, not too expensive

Suggested Improvements

A backseat would be nice

107,000 miles and still going
By Chris

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I bought this car three weeks ago. In that time I have put over 3000 miles on the car. I think the car could use a little more power but 240 HP is not bad at all. I wish I could tilt the seats themselves, not the back rest. When you are driving you seem to block the clock. I drive this car very hard and I still get above 20 MPG! With most cars I have felt the need to speed to have fun but you will have fun with this car going the speed limit. I can reach everything very easily and I can hit the ASC botton when my hand is on the stick. Build quality, are you kidding me, its a bmw, it dosen't get any better than that. I have 107000 miles on my M roadster. It was a CPO.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seemed a little loose at high speed corners so get a butt-strut to fix that and the car is good to go.

136mph and strong
By ///M

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Since selling my Z3 and purchasing my first M, its been the funnest car yet. After pushing it to 136mph, it felt smooth as silk. BMW really knows how to make the Ultimate Driving Machine. Although the car still seemed hungry for more speed, it pretty much topped off at 136. They didn't make the M model for the hell of it, they made it for the power. Put a rear wing on it, it will stand out more.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, torques at 3800, interior is classy and everything within reach.

Suggested Improvements

Bucket seats are nice but uncomfortable in long drives. Car is a bit heavy which takes up the M's power.

The Mach 5
By GoSpeedRacer

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

The only thing different between this car and the one from the cartoon, is that my car is silver (w/blue-black interior) and I don't have all those nifty gadgets. However, it blows away, performance-wise, nearly every car on the road (exceptions being $100K+ porsches, ferraris, and some corvettes). I've had other sports cars in the past, but this is by far the most exhilerating drive of my life! At 130mph, with the top down, it's still as smooth as a hot knife through butter. I'd be tempted to get the full DINAN upgrade (another $35K though), but I'd be too worried with all that ADDITIONAL performance, I'd probably kill myself.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, cornering, styling. Color combination somewhat rare (Silver ext., blue top, with a black/blue interior).

Suggested Improvements

Tilt steering wheel to help get in/out of the car. GPS system (I love gadgets) like other BMWs. A storage compartment behind/between the seats (of course, that means giving up one of the speakers though).

Almost Practical Fun
By Rgrass

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Since purchasing a 2000 M Roadster last summer, I'm still looking for any excuse to drive it! The car had only 15,000 miles on the odometer when I bought it and even though I live only a couple of miles from work, I use my days off to explore some of the more deserted canyons in and around the L.A. area. The amazing thing is that I expected the car to much more finicky than it has proven to be . . . get in and go has been the rule since day one. The only down side is the dismal gas milage which has hovered in the mid- teens most of the time, but is probably more due more to my heavy foot than any fault of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

The engine . . . sweeeet. Styling . . . Hot Wheel!