2000 BMW M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M model:
The Mach 5
By GoSpeedRacer on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

The only thing different between this car and the one from the cartoon, is that my car is silver (w/blue-black interior) and I don't have all those nifty gadgets. However, it blows away, performance-wise, nearly every car on the road (exceptions being $100K+ porsches, ferraris, and some corvettes). I've had other sports cars in the past, but this is by far the most exhilerating drive of my life! At 130mph, with the top down, it's still as smooth as a hot knife through butter. I'd be tempted to get the full DINAN upgrade (another $35K though), but I'd be too worried with all that ADDITIONAL performance, I'd probably kill myself.

Almost Practical Fun
By Rgrass on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Since purchasing a 2000 M Roadster last summer, I'm still looking for any excuse to drive it! The car had only 15,000 miles on the odometer when I bought it and even though I live only a couple of miles from work, I use my days off to explore some of the more deserted canyons in and around the L.A. area. The amazing thing is that I expected the car to much more finicky than it has proven to be . . . get in and go has been the rule since day one. The only down side is the dismal gas milage which has hovered in the mid- teens most of the time, but is probably more due more to my heavy foot than any fault of the vehicle.

Drivers car
By rcl on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

A fine car for a short trip. Excellent stability. Ride a bit firm and tire are noisy. Gas milage, 24 city and 32 country at 75mph. 3 years - no mechanical problems.

Super M Machine
By jmillet on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 2000 M Coupe (June 1999 build date) used with 28000 miles on odo. Replaced shocks and springs with Koni Sport single adjustable shocks and Dinan springs. Have had most of the applicable TSB up-grades applied under warranty to include fuel sending unit, rear wiper washer valve, transmission detent pins, and ECU software revision. Warranty repairs include A/C compressor replacement and rear half-shaft seal replacement. This car sees many high speed track miles driven at Driving Schools. It's not a practical daily driver. Most fun car I've ever owned.

Outstanding Z 3 Driven By My Late Wife
By Art Bade on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car for my wife, its a fun car to drive with all the bells and whisles. Leather interior, 5 speed manual transmission, am/fm/cd system,hard top and convertible, heated seats, full power. Special factory paint.

The Little Red Car
By cameras on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Great to drive, get lots of enthusiastic comments from everyone!

It's the Mach-5
By SpeedRacer on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Absolute performance at its finest! It's way too easy to cruise in the 80's and 90's with the top down, a smooth (highway) road, and no cops around. Seats hold you in place when cornering, however, they aren't the most comfortable. The M version stands out amongst its Z3 cousins in both appearance and performance. A silver one, with the black/blue interior has no equal.

What a car
By markrubin_nh on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I've had very few problems with the car over the last 5 years. And the OEM tires are still on it at 25,000 miles! Still a blast to drive. I recent drove the TT Turbo and the Boxster S, and I turned them down for my ole BMW!

Love it!
By BenK on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Even after 4 years, this is still the ultimate car for me. It's performance will keep up with any car on the road, and its style turns heads. More than any other car I've driven, the M Roadster feels "connected" to the road. My 6 foot 1 inch frame fits nicely in the car, something not possible in an NSX or S2000. After 4 years, not a single problem to report.

2000 M Roadster
By wchildr722 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I really enjoyed this car.