Used 2000 BMW M Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Bmw M - Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW M

View reviews for a specific M model:

Most fun you can have in public
By H2oskier

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Very fun car to drive, especially if you can find some curves. Northwest Arkansas is very nice to "test" the curves. We 1st had a 1997 1.8 Z3 and the power difference is amazing. Power is addicting... never too much. No mechanical issues. Since car has been lowered with H&R springss, it is very hard on tires. Khumo's ride and perform the best overall. and are afforable $ 115. Very safe cars, I was T boned by a truck at 45mpg and it only knocked the wind out of me. Door held up very well and prevented truck from sitting in my lap. If you can find a well maintained M buy it.

Favorite Features

Classic looks, love the power and easy to add more to. Simple classic interior Comfortable seats. Very direct steering

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable camber in suspension

BMW M-Roadster
By Billy Brush

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

This is a very stylish car which begs to be driven. My first test drive I was amazed by the front end power which the Roadster gave. From that point on I was sold. Great car, reliable, and fast! Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Fast, stylish, not too expensive

Suggested Improvements

A backseat would be nice

BMW M Coupe- The Unknown Monster
By Thomas

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I sell BMW's and when I saw this car I had to have it. This is a lot of performance for the money. The great thing about this car is that it is an everyday driver and a track car built into one. It has a lot of creature comforts as well as more than enough performance. Oddly enough I am 6'6" and I still fit into this car. BMW's are great for tall people like myself. These are pretty rare cars, if you get the chance to buy one at a fair price I would jump on it. I will say though that people either think that this is the coolest car that they have ever seen or they think that it looks like a tyco toy version of the batmobile.

Favorite Features

The amount of torque that this car has as well as the handling. The car almost anticipates corners. Everyone that you ever meet that has one, you are instant friends with. This car draws a lot of attention at gaspumps. Probably one of the few cars for under $50k that gets constant looks.

Suggested Improvements

Add a 6th gear and you would make me a very happy man!! I am not a fan of the gauges. They look kind of dated. I am only 23 so that does not appeal to me so much. I understand what they are going for. It did not bother me enough to go out and find replacements though.

107,000 miles and still going
By Chris

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I bought this car three weeks ago. In that time I have put over 3000 miles on the car. I think the car could use a little more power but 240 HP is not bad at all. I wish I could tilt the seats themselves, not the back rest. When you are driving you seem to block the clock. I drive this car very hard and I still get above 20 MPG! With most cars I have felt the need to speed to have fun but you will have fun with this car going the speed limit. I can reach everything very easily and I can hit the ASC botton when my hand is on the stick. Build quality, are you kidding me, its a bmw, it dosen't get any better than that. I have 107000 miles on my M roadster. It was a CPO.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seemed a little loose at high speed corners so get a butt-strut to fix that and the car is good to go.

136mph and strong
By ///M

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Since selling my Z3 and purchasing my first M, its been the funnest car yet. After pushing it to 136mph, it felt smooth as silk. BMW really knows how to make the Ultimate Driving Machine. Although the car still seemed hungry for more speed, it pretty much topped off at 136. They didn't make the M model for the hell of it, they made it for the power. Put a rear wing on it, it will stand out more.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, torques at 3800, interior is classy and everything within reach.

Suggested Improvements

Bucket seats are nice but uncomfortable in long drives. Car is a bit heavy which takes up the M's power.