2000 BMW M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M model:
solid performance
By robert on 02/13/10 21:40 PM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I bought this car from someone who babied the heck out of it and I have continued the tradition. It's a great car that delivers impressive performance, a bit of sex appeal, and much better than expected economy. However, the stock stereo was awful and suspension components were iffy.

Smile so hard your face hurts
By Ken on 07/28/09 17:39 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Bought the M with relatively high mileage (79K) but it is in great shape. Handles as though it is on tracks and accelerates, in all gears. Like it has jets. Long drives can be a bit difficult (I am almost 6'2" and the seats are a slightly bit hard, but if I take a break every 2 hours, no problem. It's a fun car, always noticed (ty, the cops too :( ) but a real treat to drive. I think I like the lines of this model more than the Z4 but would love to have some of the improvements of the newer Zs -- slightly wider interior, more comfy seats, and a fully automatic top. Otherwise, it's a dream.

M Roadster
By Al Floer on 05/13/07 16:54 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Bought new with 3 miles on it. Love the 60s style dash and gauges. Great performance. Very reliable, never broke down on me, never. At 43k miles, still has the original brakes and I autocross with it. No shop repairs, just maintenance. I do maintain it very well and everything is like new. I have no intention of sell this car unless someone hits me. Great car.

This is more difficult than it ought to
By Robert spott on 02/20/07 19:38 PM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Wonderful tossible car, great engine. There are some inherent design problems, i.e. the shock mounts, lack of cross bracing, an awful cd/radio system, a plastic rear window, and an off center steering wheel. It is a strong solid perfomer nonetheless and I think, though not as good a car as the z4, it is a hell of a lot more interesting.

Most fun you can have in public
By H2oskier on 05/16/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Very fun car to drive, especially if you can find some curves. Northwest Arkansas is very nice to "test" the curves. We 1st had a 1997 1.8 Z3 and the power difference is amazing. Power is addicting... never too much. No mechanical issues. Since car has been lowered with H&R springss, it is very hard on tires. Khumo's ride and perform the best overall. and are afforable $ 115. Very safe cars, I was T boned by a truck at 45mpg and it only knocked the wind out of me. Door held up very well and prevented truck from sitting in my lap. If you can find a well maintained M buy it.

BMW M-Roadster
By Billy Brush on 04/09/06 17:44 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

This is a very stylish car which begs to be driven. My first test drive I was amazed by the front end power which the Roadster gave. From that point on I was sold. Great car, reliable, and fast! Fun to drive.

107,000 miles and still going
By Chris on 07/19/05 12:31 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I bought this car three weeks ago. In that time I have put over 3000 miles on the car. I think the car could use a little more power but 240 HP is not bad at all. I wish I could tilt the seats themselves, not the back rest. When you are driving you seem to block the clock. I drive this car very hard and I still get above 20 MPG! With most cars I have felt the need to speed to have fun but you will have fun with this car going the speed limit. I can reach everything very easily and I can hit the ASC botton when my hand is on the stick. Build quality, are you kidding me, its a bmw, it dosen't get any better than that. I have 107000 miles on my M roadster. It was a CPO.

136mph and strong
By ///M on 02/13/05 11:55 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Since selling my Z3 and purchasing my first M, its been the funnest car yet. After pushing it to 136mph, it felt smooth as silk. BMW really knows how to make the Ultimate Driving Machine. Although the car still seemed hungry for more speed, it pretty much topped off at 136. They didn't make the M model for the hell of it, they made it for the power. Put a rear wing on it, it will stand out more.

The Mach 5
By GoSpeedRacer on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

The only thing different between this car and the one from the cartoon, is that my car is silver (w/blue-black interior) and I don't have all those nifty gadgets. However, it blows away, performance-wise, nearly every car on the road (exceptions being $100K+ porsches, ferraris, and some corvettes). I've had other sports cars in the past, but this is by far the most exhilerating drive of my life! At 130mph, with the top down, it's still as smooth as a hot knife through butter. I'd be tempted to get the full DINAN upgrade (another $35K though), but I'd be too worried with all that ADDITIONAL performance, I'd probably kill myself.

Almost Practical Fun
By Rgrass on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Since purchasing a 2000 M Roadster last summer, I'm still looking for any excuse to drive it! The car had only 15,000 miles on the odometer when I bought it and even though I live only a couple of miles from work, I use my days off to explore some of the more deserted canyons in and around the L.A. area. The amazing thing is that I expected the car to much more finicky than it has proven to be . . . get in and go has been the rule since day one. The only down side is the dismal gas milage which has hovered in the mid- teens most of the time, but is probably more due more to my heavy foot than any fault of the vehicle.