2000 BMW M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M model:
A Fun Little Hatchback
By Bimma Boy on 07/05/06 22:19 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I bought this car to replace my 1994 M3, I don't regret buying this car at all. I love it, the amount of torque an power and the handling capability make this car oh so fun. Going from 60-90mph takes only a couple seconds without a down shift. Going through the twisties proves to be even more fun, going twice the speed limit through the turns makes this car an ultimate driving machine. Only a few thousand of these were sent to the US so you're not passing one every day and there's not gonna be one next to you at a light. The steering is precise and quick and the car goes wherever you point it. Not a hint of body roll an the car feels like its never gonna lose traction. This is one hell of a car!!!

BMW M Coupe- The Unknown Monster
By Thomas on 10/13/05 15:46 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I sell BMW's and when I saw this car I had to have it. This is a lot of performance for the money. The great thing about this car is that it is an everyday driver and a track car built into one. It has a lot of creature comforts as well as more than enough performance. Oddly enough I am 6'6" and I still fit into this car. BMW's are great for tall people like myself. These are pretty rare cars, if you get the chance to buy one at a fair price I would jump on it. I will say though that people either think that this is the coolest car that they have ever seen or they think that it looks like a tyco toy version of the batmobile.

Drivers car
By rcl on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

A fine car for a short trip. Excellent stability. Ride a bit firm and tire are noisy. Gas milage, 24 city and 32 country at 75mph. 3 years - no mechanical problems.

Super M Machine
By jmillet on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 2000 M Coupe (June 1999 build date) used with 28000 miles on odo. Replaced shocks and springs with Koni Sport single adjustable shocks and Dinan springs. Have had most of the applicable TSB up-grades applied under warranty to include fuel sending unit, rear wiper washer valve, transmission detent pins, and ECU software revision. Warranty repairs include A/C compressor replacement and rear half-shaft seal replacement. This car sees many high speed track miles driven at Driving Schools. It's not a practical daily driver. Most fun car I've ever owned.

BNW M Coupe
By edmont on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

If BMW is the "ultimate driving machine", the M Coupe is the ultimate of the ultimate driving machines. This car must be driven at all times. It is as responsive as any vehicle I have ever driven. It signals to the driver every nuance of the road and what is about to happen to the car before it happens. This makes for a rigid ride but it also permits you to push the car into a sharp turn at seemingly impossible speeds. Tires make a big difference with this car so recommend you choose only those premium tires that will provide the mix of "stickiness" and "wearability".

A Great Toy Car
By Joe Burlein on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

A fantastic car for people who don't care about auto air, butt cooling fans, or iDrive. Goes back to the days of the 2002 with great performance and great handling.

NICE CAR!
By mcoupe on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

More power than you need, and the handlings excellent!

Satisfied Owner
By ILYKSPEED on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for just over 2 years and have racked up 55,000 miles with little more than minor warranty repairs. It's been pushed to the limit over and over and has always delivered flawless, uncompromising performance.