Used 1999 BMW M Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Bmw M - Consumer Reviews

1999 BMW M Hatchback

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

I just love it!
By Alex MN

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for about 6 months and it has been a blast. M coupe is great car that makes me looks for the longer routes to get home. I can't stop driving it.

Favorite Features

The hatch!

Suggested Improvements

Glove box rattles on bumpy roads.

My MShoe
By SinbadJMu

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I LOVE IT,it attracts attention like honey attracts bees.Where else can you get a car that will keep up in a straight line with a vette and yet manhandle an autocross track or full race track.Torque?What fun this car can be,its got grunt from anywhere on the tach in any gear!Turn off the ASC and its light em up!Only 6000 cars made in 4 years for the US,you are likely to be the only one with a Coupe for MANY blocks around.This can be quite overwhelming when you arent used to the attention!This car truly is an example of one of my favorite quotes:A car is as close as man will ever get to creating something living

Favorite Features

ASC - Rainy Days Wide rear end Torque, Torque, Torque

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, Wouldnt trade mine for anything, wish I had an S54

have you hugged your design team lately?
By brishbah

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This car was a perfect blend of sports car driving and gt tightness. Each ride, I wanted to hug the entire design team(yes engineers and body and interior teams). Favotite experience: walking to the car, getting in,starting it, adjusting body position,putting it in gear, tapping the throtle letting out the clutch---smile,smile,then realizing I can't wipe off the smile if I wanted to.

Favorite Features

Engine sound,responce and torque. Solid granite-like ride. Interior design. Exterior design. Boston green color always bring some nice comments. Oh, and that look from the rear. Perhaps the best example of rubber to the road and rear fenders execution ever!

Suggested Improvements

Make the seat bolster adjust to wider designed bodies. A shade for the moonroof would also help.

M Coupe Bliss
By BRW

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I agonized over buying this car after not having a car payment for over 2 years. Each day that goes by, I know I made the right choice. What else can you say, this will be a car that will be legendary and desired by all enthusiasts for many years to come. No regrets. Can't wipe the smile from my face.

Favorite Features

Head-snapping looks and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Windows all the way down!!! Oh, well, production has ceased on these cars anyway...

1999 M Coupe
By DM

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This car, hands down, is one of the funnest performance cars on the market today. The exterior styling is the hottest attribute on this car. I've owned it for over a year now, it always turns heads and receives thumbs up from passer bys. Cargo space is more than people expect, Hardon Kardon stereo w/CD changer is excellent. Its a unique purchase thats affordable. If your thinking of purchasing one, do it. You won't be dissappointed!

Favorite Features

Great power, better handling and braking. Great recipe for performance.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of is being able to put the window all the way down. It current stops with a 1/4 inch sticking up.