1999 BMW M Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
rare breed
By rare breed on 04/08/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

A ten year old car that looks new. Has been a great ten years! Great performance, attention getter, and just a great car to own.

Incredible Performance
By djpatterson on 03/23/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I acquired this vehicle from a relative knowing the special care and upkeep this car has received during the first eight years. I have not been disappointed. This car is the most fun ride I have experienced in nearly 40 years of driving and that includes, Corvettes, Mustangs, BMWs, etc. The handling on corners far surpasses all of the previous rides. Heads never fail to turn when this car approaches... probably the result of the small number ever built by BMW. Everyone wants to know what kind of car is that? If you love performance vehicles, drive one and you'll be hooked.

A reliable, affordable supercar
By MCouper on 05/02/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Bought this 99 M Coupe in 2001 with 11000 miles on it. Still mint condition after a DIY clay-bar treatment last week, with 75000 miles of pure driving exhilaration on it. Looks best from behind, which is the view most people get of it anyway. All I've had to do is change fluids and filters. Car is now on its 2nd set of front tires, 3rd set of rear tires (Michelin Pilot Sports). First brake job approaching now, at 75000 miles. Car handles like a gecko-footed go-kart. Incredible grip, low-end torque and acceleration -- and this is just the 240-hp version.

Boston Green M-Coupe
By Andy Milot on 10/21/06 08:44 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

It was love at first sight, back in '98. I wasn't even intending to buy a new car, but this beauty made me melt on the spot. Of all the cars we've owned, this one is by far the best package we ever were blessed to drive and own. I don't care what the resale value is, today, because I still feel that my M is worth every penny I spent on it new, today! No other car has continued to give me tingles when I first lay my eyes on it and that 'good all over, feeling' that this beauty does, even after 7 years. As BMW's slogan said, back in '99, "Extreme BMW, It's not for everyone" But for those who know this car - there is no other!! Unfortunately, the greatest cars only remain as good as their caretakers (technicians). Find a good tech, and your ride will reward you for many miles and years! - I have and do, to today.

BMW - do it again
By MCOUPESTOLEMYLIFE on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

5 years later - still have it, won't sell it. Its the tightest, zippiest, power ride ever. Other supercars eg Porsches feel bulky by comparison. BMW created something very special and made it more so by producing a very small number - this car has classic potential.

I just love it!
By Alex MN on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for about 6 months and it has been a blast. M coupe is great car that makes me looks for the longer routes to get home. I can't stop driving it.

My MShoe
By SinbadJMu on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I LOVE IT,it attracts attention like honey attracts bees.Where else can you get a car that will keep up in a straight line with a vette and yet manhandle an autocross track or full race track.Torque?What fun this car can be,its got grunt from anywhere on the tach in any gear!Turn off the ASC and its light em up!Only 6000 cars made in 4 years for the US,you are likely to be the only one with a Coupe for MANY blocks around.This can be quite overwhelming when you arent used to the attention!This car truly is an example of one of my favorite quotes:A car is as close as man will ever get to creating something living

have you hugged your design team lately?
By brishbah on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This car was a perfect blend of sports car driving and gt tightness. Each ride, I wanted to hug the entire design team(yes engineers and body and interior teams). Favotite experience: walking to the car, getting in,starting it, adjusting body position,putting it in gear, tapping the throtle letting out the clutch---smile,smile,then realizing I can't wipe off the smile if I wanted to.

M Coupe Bliss
By BRW on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I agonized over buying this car after not having a car payment for over 2 years. Each day that goes by, I know I made the right choice. What else can you say, this will be a car that will be legendary and desired by all enthusiasts for many years to come. No regrets. Can't wipe the smile from my face.

1999 M Coupe
By DM on 03/18/02 10:50 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This car, hands down, is one of the funnest performance cars on the market today. The exterior styling is the hottest attribute on this car. I've owned it for over a year now, it always turns heads and receives thumbs up from passer bys. Cargo space is more than people expect, Hardon Kardon stereo w/CD changer is excellent. Its a unique purchase thats affordable. If your thinking of purchasing one, do it. You won't be dissappointed!