1999 BMW M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M model:
rare breed
By rare breed on 04/08/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Coupe

A ten year old car that looks new. Has been a great ten years! Great performance, attention getter, and just a great car to own.

Incredible Performance
By djpatterson on 03/23/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I acquired this vehicle from a relative knowing the special care and upkeep this car has received during the first eight years. I have not been disappointed. This car is the most fun ride I have experienced in nearly 40 years of driving and that includes, Corvettes, Mustangs, BMWs, etc. The handling on corners far surpasses all of the previous rides. Heads never fail to turn when this car approaches... probably the result of the small number ever built by BMW. Everyone wants to know what kind of car is that? If you love performance vehicles, drive one and you'll be hooked.

1999 BMW M roadster
By Renee on 05/21/07 20:45 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Convertible

This car gets up and goes, it has never let me down. And even though it is 8 years old it still gets compliments on how good it looks. From the moment I sit in it and turn it on to that low purrrrrr the car sits down, then it goes! The faster I go the smoother it rides, I love the power, even when it is sitting still.

A reliable, affordable supercar
By MCouper on 05/02/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Coupe

Bought this 99 M Coupe in 2001 with 11000 miles on it. Still mint condition after a DIY clay-bar treatment last week, with 75000 miles of pure driving exhilaration on it. Looks best from behind, which is the view most people get of it anyway. All I've had to do is change fluids and filters. Car is now on its 2nd set of front tires, 3rd set of rear tires (Michelin Pilot Sports). First brake job approaching now, at 75000 miles. Car handles like a gecko-footed go-kart. Incredible grip, low-end torque and acceleration -- and this is just the 240-hp version.

A Real Roadster
By Brad on 12/28/06 17:49 PM (PST)

1999 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I've owned my M Roadster for seven years and still love it. The retro styling still turns heads and the car is still rock solid. Blinding fast to 60 because of the wonderful torque, it's equally impressive in the important 50-80 range. If you want techno-gadgets, buy something from Japan, but if you like to drive, this is your car. These 1998-2001 cars have bottomed out in price and will soon start appreciating.

Boston Green M-Coupe
By Andy Milot on 10/21/06 08:44 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Coupe

It was love at first sight, back in '98. I wasn't even intending to buy a new car, but this beauty made me melt on the spot. Of all the cars we've owned, this one is by far the best package we ever were blessed to drive and own. I don't care what the resale value is, today, because I still feel that my M is worth every penny I spent on it new, today! No other car has continued to give me tingles when I first lay my eyes on it and that 'good all over, feeling' that this beauty does, even after 7 years. As BMW's slogan said, back in '99, "Extreme BMW, It's not for everyone" But for those who know this car - there is no other!! Unfortunately, the greatest cars only remain as good as their caretakers (technicians). Find a good tech, and your ride will reward you for many miles and years! - I have and do, to today.

Really good bang for your buck!
By gchance on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Bought certified car! Only problem was fuel sending unit which was replaced @ n/c. Car hauls it! Wish it had better console with cup-holder

BMW - do it again
By MCOUPESTOLEMYLIFE on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Coupe

5 years later - still have it, won't sell it. Its the tightest, zippiest, power ride ever. Other supercars eg Porsches feel bulky by comparison. BMW created something very special and made it more so by producing a very small number - this car has classic potential.

Awsome car
By msmitty on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Convertible

This car is excitement on wheels!! It is just an awsome car to drive as well as look at. The cornering ability will amaze you. Just grit your teeth and turn the wheel. I've had a lot of toys but this is the ultimate for the money.

I just love it!
By Alex MN on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for about 6 months and it has been a blast. M coupe is great car that makes me looks for the longer routes to get home. I can't stop driving it.