Superb Luxury Performance Sedan
By Gaelstorm on
2007 BMW ALPINA B7 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)
My use of the 07 B7 has been limited to only 1,000 miles in its first two months due to travel. But it is extremely comfortable at speed and handles much as a well-sorted smaller car would be expected to when maneuvering either rapidly or when at slow speeds or parking in town. The fuel economy is surprisingly good and keeps the guilt at owning a near-exotic at bay. I am very fortunate to have other extremely fine automobiles, including the "other" modern, US Alpina, the Z8 Roadster. But if I could have only one automobile, the B7 would be it.
Favorite Features
The driving sense that the car is light and well-balanced, even though it is a large, heavy and comfortable luxury sedan, is the most extraordinary thing in my experience. It is effortless to feel and be in good control regardless of the road or conditions, seemingly defying the laws of physics.
Suggested Improvements
The iDrive "intuitive" controller is still a bother compared with other systems for controlling in-car data and systems. And, although the Alpina mods to the automobile have enhanced its appearance, I still work to persuade myself that I am pleased with the Chris Bangle design on the underlying car.