Wow - What a thrill
By sandyh2000 on
2011 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)
I bought this car in June 2012 with almost every option except the active cruise control. it was a type of program car but never been titled. It is really fun to drive and the pickup is unbelievable for a luxury sedan. It is great fun to drive, the safety features including the lane deviation, the night vision, and the full camera suite are awesome and make it easier for me to drive. The controls are easy to understand the the response is really something you have to experience to believe. I traded in an Escalade that I loved but this car really defines the ultimate driving experience. Too bad the new ones onlly have 6 cylinders.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the lane deviation, full camera package, the power real shades (both back and side), and the heads up display. Of course there is nothing not to like. The rear entertainment system is awesome and allows each person to select (within some constraints) what they want to watch or listen to or even plug in their own music player or even watch netflix off the iPad. The smartphone integration with the snap in adapter is great and really is nice for travel. The Nav system is great as well as the entire entertainment system. The activive massaging seats are great along with the ventilated seats. There are so many things I love about the car - hard to say just a few.
Suggested Improvements
I cannot think of one improvement. The mpg advertised seems low in that I get about 20 mpg in town and about 28 on the highway. Perhaps a little more trunk space because the lithium battery takes up some but it is not really a problem.