Used 1994 BMW 8 Series 850CSi 850CSi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Bmw 8-series - Consumer Reviews

1994 BMW 8 Series 850CSi

850CSi 5.6L V12 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

ultimate thrill
By matt

1994 BMW 8 Series 850CSi 850CSi 2dr Coupe

I've owned 2 850ci's. The CSi is what the 850 should have been. It still looks great on the road and I get asked all the time "is that the new one?" Timeless styling, superb handling, seat of the pants acceleration. This is my third E31 and I've already bought another one. Pricing guides are way off as I wouldn't sell this one for almost double what it is rated on here and KBB. Two thumbs up for this amazing car!

Favorite Features

6 speed manual, constant looks from others, cool feature with windows that roll up automatically at 95 mph! Timeless styling.

Suggested Improvements

If BMW ever makes another 8 series I hope they take it from where they left off and not try to reinvent a timeless classic.

BMW 850CSi - Affordable Supercar
By Jud

1994 BMW 8 Series 850CSi 850CSi 2dr Coupe

The 8 Series line was one of the last classic designs before BMWs ugly design transformation. The 850CSi is the BMW Motorsport ("M") version of the 8 Series. BMW only imported 225 850CSi's during model years 1994-95 to North America. I like the styling, the engineering, and the build quality of the vehicle. The car is sure-footed and goes from 0 to 60 in 5.8 seconds. Annual maintenance runs about $500/year. Insurance and license fees have dropped to realistic levels; Parts availability is excellent. Since acquiring the 850CSi, I'm pleased with its performance, value, and fun to drive factor.