Used 1993 BMW 8 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Bmw 8-series - Consumer Reviews

850Ci 5.0L V12 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

Style/performance v12
By BMW

1993 BMW 8 Series 850Ci 2dr Coupe

V12, everyone is look at this car every time I drive out, I feel like driving the $150,000 car but only cost me $10,000 with the performance/style and comfort. Quality

Suggested Improvements

More room on the back.

Ulitinate Luxury Sports Coupe
By McGarrett

1993 BMW 8 Series 850Ci 2dr Coupe

You close the heavy driver side door, the windows automatically seal, the leather seats contour to your body, you turn the key and the 300bhp V12 breathes to life, tune your favorite music, adjust your sunglasses, and you are ready to start your day. The big 5.0 litre V12 idles effortlessly waiting for your next command. The heavy chassised coupe gives you the sense of security, perfect balance and power. Owners of newer BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches glance over and eye the classic lines, and wonder how your older coupe would match up against their newer car. You turn up the Mozart, and smile knowing you are driving one the the best engineered and elegant luxury sports coupes ever built.

Favorite Features

Classic Teutonic styling, smooth V12 power, perfectly balanced handling, elegant driving experience, quiet cabin, low rumble exhaust tone, 300bhp available to move you effortless to high speed, ice cold A/C, heated seats, every accessory you can imagine, good size trunk, big powerful brakes.

Suggested Improvements

15-20mpg, this is not a Prius. A performance chipset for added 30+bhp is the way to go, this is an expensive car to service, but it is worth the price, find a good BMW mechanic, maintain your 850 and it will repay you with years of pure driving enjoyment.

THE BEST OF THE BEST!
By carguyeleven

1993 BMW 8 Series 850Ci 2dr Coupe

I have owned several sports cars; Corvette, Porsche, Supra, and a 740il BMW. After driving this car I was astounded by the handling, comfort and feeling of safety behind a car weighing over 4 thousand pounds and having a 12cylinder engine in front of me. The car flat moves and handles like a dream. The definition of a weekend car. I personaly like toys on a car, lots of options and gages, this car was like Disneyland for me. If you haven't driven one of these do it just for fun. You'll love it!

Favorite Features

My absolute favorite feature is the airlock in the car when you close your doors and the windows are up. Also, the ability of the climate control to be programmed to turn on before you get to the car and suck out all the hot air prior to your entry.

Suggested Improvements

I don't have any! If you don't like the gas mileage it's your fault, 12cylinder and good gas mileage will never go together. I love this car!