2015 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Great Performance; Lackluster Interior
By Christina Knoles

2015 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

We are in the market for a new luxury car and have narrowed our choices to three: The Audi, BMW and Mercedes. We have lots of snow where we live so we are considering those cars and the Mercedes model that is "snow worthy" So far we have test driven the Audi A8, V6 and V8 models and the BMW 7 Series V8. We much preferred the V8 Audi over the V6 so we did not bother testing a V6 in the BMW. We have not yet driven the Mercedes. We have not decided on a car yet. While both cars were fun to drive, we liked the driving and handling of the BMW better than the Audi. We also liked the trunk space in the BMW. But the interior of the Audi was more luxurious than the BMW and the ride more comfortable for long distances. The front seats in the Audi are also a little wider. We are smaller people and don't need such wide seats, but if you are a bigger person, that might make a difference for you. The camera and navigation screen in the BMW is much clearer than in the Audi. We thought that Audi has a little "catching up" to do with the technology. There are rumors of a new Audi being launched this fall. If the navigation screen and the trunk size were comparable to the BMW, we would pick the Audi. Perhaps the Mercedes will change our minds on both. We don't know that yet. We found the leasing structure of the cars interesting. While we can purchase the Audi for about $10,000 less than the BMW, the lease payments are the same for both cars, making the residual value of the BMW about $25,000 more than the Audi should we want to buy it at the end of the lease. So if you want to lease with the option of buying the car at the end, the Audi is the much better choice with the residual value at about $41,000 vs the BMW at $69,000.

great car to drive if you are a car person
By AFS

2015 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Great car but low resale value

My Second 7 Series and Still Loving it!
By Aaron

2015 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently traded in my 2010 750 Li to get the 2015 model. I loved my 2010, but am head over heels for the 2015. I was fortunate to find a model with many options included. This just gives me more toys to play with! This is a magnificent car, but it is a BMW and that means it's a driver's car. It has all the luxury appointments that you could want, but that 445hp V8 is a beast that needs to be driven to be appreciated. The car offers all of the occupants many creature comforts, so no one will be disappointed or feel left out while enjoying the pampering that the car provides.
I owned an S Class for ten years and while I so enjoyed that car, I enjoyed true driving engagement more and moved over to the 7 Series. Spending this much on a car, you might expect a super comfortable ride and all of the luxury appointments.... Even though BMW is more focused on comfort with the 7, at it's core it is still a BMW - a drivers car. It's not for everyone, especially in this segment. I can guarantee if you decide to get one, the driving and luxury experience will be both engaging and exhilarating.

the most annoying POS
By hfmorovati

2015 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

i know edmunds deletes negative reviews, but here it goes
this car has probably the most annoying features you can imagine.
1)the 3 step process of shutting off the engine, push the button, take your foot off the brake, push the button again.
2)you cant see the wiper blade handle and the the auto light on it