2012 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
I have been driving 750iX for 4 months now.
The vehicle is solidly built. For those who are interested in purchasing one, following might be of
1. Throttle response on normal mode is below average. I feel it's hesitant to push forward and there is jerky feeling in the process
2. The car gets quite noisy in over 80 mph both from tires and wind. Mine is equipped with all season run flat tires and that could be the reason
3. When I shut off the engine, the radio (or ipod) still continues to be on. I have to press the start button one more time to shut off the radio and this is annoying
4. I have to get really close to the garage door to open or to close
5. Combination of Sports and DS mode give me excellent acceleration with huge torque, but the engine sounds very coarse all the time even during the idling time
6. My 750iX did not have steering wheel equipped channel changer. Rather, cruise control set occupies the one side of steering wheel. The other side has the volume control
I prefer the old cruise control stalk over the current one which is identical to the one Volvo adopts. I have to press the on/off button first before pressing the speed set button.
I get the average of 16.5 mpg over 75% highway and 25% local. I tend to use DS/Sports mode combination probably 75% of the time.
Overall, I would give 8 out of 10 overall,and I chose 750iX over A8 only because of the loyalty discount and the convenience of the included maintenance.