Used 2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Second BMW 7 series in our family!!
By Viatcheslav

2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Got my 750i a year ago. Car was from 4 years lease program. BMW Canada provides extended warranty on it. On delivery there were quite a few problems ( thermostat, knocking in steering column, alignment, weak front drive shaft). BMW fixed everything without questions.
After one year of owning have no problems at all.

BMW 750 is the worst car I have ever owned.
By rachael9

2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned various high end vehicles and have always found them to be well constructed and a pleasure to drive.

That is, until my BMW 750IL. During the warranty period I had to make numerous visits to service for warning lights etc. and the dealer mechanics could never identify a problem.

That is, until the car was just outside the 50K miles warranty. Then the problems started en masse. At 52K, major engine repairs (valve seals) and three of the four electric window controls failed. About 1K miles later had to repair ball joints, leaking oils components, battery, etc.

My view, stay away from BMW at ANY cost. They claim superior enginerring but exact opposite in my case.

None, suggest buying another brand.

horrible customer service
By lennyv1

2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

i leased BMW 750i for 3 years and can tell you that I will never lease it again, I had the worst customer service experience and was overcharged by $650 at the end of the lease...

2012 750iX
By putt3636

2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been driving 750iX for 4 months now.
The vehicle is solidly built. For those who are interested in purchasing one, following might be of
concern;
1. Throttle response on normal mode is below average. I feel it's hesitant to push forward and there is jerky feeling in the process
2. The car gets quite noisy in over 80 mph both from tires and wind. Mine is equipped with all season run flat tires and that could be the reason
3. When I shut off the engine, the radio (or ipod) still continues to be on. I have to press the start button one more time to shut off the radio and this is annoying
4. I have to get really close to the garage door to open or to close

5. Combination of Sports and DS mode give me excellent acceleration with huge torque, but the engine sounds very coarse all the time even during the idling time 6. My 750iX did not have steering wheel equipped channel changer. Rather, cruise control set occupies the one side of steering wheel. The other side has the volume control

I prefer the old cruise control stalk over the current one which is identical to the one Volvo adopts. I have to press the on/off button first before pressing the speed set button. I get the average of 16.5 mpg over 75% highway and 25% local. I tend to use DS/Sports mode combination probably 75% of the time. Overall, I would give 8 out of 10 overall,and I chose 750iX over A8 only because of the loyalty discount and the convenience of the included maintenance.

bmw 750i m sport package
By farad

2012 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I Just purchased 2012 750i, executive package and M sport package.
super nice vehicle, i think bmw used more synthetic leather then real leather on door and some other parts on new 7 series, but drive is amazing, gas mileage very poor comparing to last gen 7 series.

nav, idrive, dynamic drive, xdrive, camera's

use better quality trim, better gas mileage