Used 2011 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 7 Series

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Perfect car, really
By lexelle

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

At $100k you should expect your car to be perfect, unfortunately not all are. They may be missing something...like cutting edge technology, great seating, high end finishes, or an amazingly powerful engine. The 2011 750Li gives you everything. I have owned the SL55; more power, yes, but lacking in comfort and technology. Don't forget covered maintenance! Miles per gallon isn't ideal, but considering I have nothing else to sacrifice I will deal with teen digit results. It's very quick, comfortable, quiet, and full of luxury. It doesn't wash itself... But with the camera package it practically parks itself.

Favorite Features

Huge sunroof BMW Assist with maps, search and full time live people iPod and iPhone integration Massaging seats Massive legroom for rear passengers Read windows shades All seats heated Front ventilated seats Run flat tires Included maintenance Soft close doors and auto close trunk Camera view of entire car Traffic and detouring in navigation Working voice controls Bright headlights that turn with car Five power plugs 10" display for navigation 12G hard drive Anti theft location and lockout service Live people when you press the SOS button (my very favorite safety feature) Thigh support; most comfortable seats ever

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage Over the air software updates (via WiFi network or associated satellite) Self washing (just kidding!)

Perfect in every way!
By mpons

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I never have called or considered myself a "car guy" as my mode of transportation had nothing to do with my personality. This is probably because I am 6'5 and I look for comfort over brand and performance. This is actually how I came to learn about the 750 Li series. I was surprised how my search for an SUV lease put this car within my budget ( apparently everyone knew bmw's lease well but me ) After getting quotes in the $1000's for an Escalade or Navigator lease, even got a quote for $1100 on an Expedition. I have had the car for a week and I find myself making excuses to drive. It is comfortable, sporty, dynamic and very very very fun to drive. I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BMW 750 Li :)

Favorite Features

Driver assist package, Backup Camera, and Premium Sound.

Suggested Improvements

So far the only thing I would change is the location of the B Pillar, which make s the door well a bit smallish for my liking.

Great car
By esn

2011 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an exceptionable car-the engine is perfectly mated to the drivetrain-there would be no rational reason to go with the V8. Very quiet and comfortable cabin. Navigation is the "weakness" of car-somewhat non intuitive.

Favorite Features

Handling awesome for a large car.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation needs some work

Best Luxury Sedan of the Year
By Tan

2011 BMW 7 Series 740Li 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have previously owned the S-Class and 750Li (2006). This time, I was debating between 750Li and 740Li (S-Class IS A JOKE to me) and went with 740Li. Reason, driving feel almost the same, except you will feel a bigger Torque. 740Li, however, doesn't feel the turbo lag like the 750Li. The power kicks in sooner where 750Li will lag (very obvious). & 740Li has all the bells and whistles as it big brother and better mileage. It is the smartest choice over any other brand and even its own big brother. Unless you are all about big engine and want to show off you have more $$$$$, 740li is absolutely fun and slightly economical to drive than the big engine brother. No remorse, guarantee

Favorite Features

17/25 MPG for 7 series. Multicontour Seat. Almost no turbo lag.

Suggested Improvements

Convenience Pkg should be standard (common 7 series). Remote Trunk Closer (like the S-Class where driver can OPEN and CLOSE the truck inside the car).

Awesome 740LI
By TheTitan PI

2011 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My ownership experience was great at Riverside BMW. The Sales and Finance team were great in making the best deal happen. Driving the car is exciting. The 6 twin turbo puts out max power with lots of horsepower to give. Car is quiet and runs like a 7 series with the comfort and sport I expected with this type of car.

Favorite Features

Body lines, engine, interior and redesigned gauges and updated technology.

Suggested Improvements

As of this point of ownership, I have none as the car is just great..okay maybe larger center storage compartment to think about it but that's all car is a dream..