2011 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Poor Interior
By ddmcneill1 on 08/09/13 19:05 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2011 750LI Xdrive BMW. The paint on the knobs on my panel are coming off, I called BMW to complain. I went to a dealership and found that other 750LI X were having the same problems. If you are having this problem please call the head quarters of BMW and file a complaint maybe we can get them to replace the knobs. I had a 2007 750LI BMW and never saw any fading on the heat controls , startup controls and a few other. To spend 100k BMW should not put cheap anything on this car.

Worst car ever
By mcbride1 on 05/24/13 19:18 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a 2011 750li .only had car for two days ...drive moderate comes on engine light appears have paid two car notes ..car still in shop...if bmw can't fix there own car who can.....a piece of crap...

Nice but issues
By jimmyhow on 12/31/11 10:21 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 7 Series 740Li 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I considered the S hybrid but chose the 740Li because it drove better. Sadly my alternator has gone out and needed replacement. The car drives well and is pretty fast, but the ride is not super smooth and the car could definately be quieter. I found dealer support to be poor as was that from BMW corporate. I will buy an S class next time.

excellent car but tire problems
By ahly on 12/09/11 15:50 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 7 Series 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I am leasing the 750ix for one year, excellent car inside out except the run flat tires I have to change 6 tires and one rim in one year you have to buy the tire insurance otherwise you are risking too much. Fun to drive almost perfect except dealing with frequent dealer visits to change tires. If you talk to their customer service about the tire problem they refuse to deal with the problem. I personally know many BMW car owners who have the same problem of frequent tire problems. This my last car with run flat tires very disappointed it is a waste of money, time and resources(rubber).

Understated Luxury
By laureate2 on 06/01/11 05:45 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving the Jag XF Supercharged for the last three years I thought that this superliner might be boring. It is not. This car inspires confidence. Whether driving it on the Autobahn at 130 or motoring around town, this is a car for all seasons. It corners like a smaller car, has good power, absorbs bumps, and gobbles up highway miles. It appears that the design of this car was to ignore curb appeal, and focus solely on driver dynamics and comfort. Yet, if you can live with not being the bell of the ball, you'll enjoy every moment behind the wheel.

Perfect car, really
By lexelle on 04/12/11 19:06 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

At $100k you should expect your car to be perfect, unfortunately not all are. They may be missing something...like cutting edge technology, great seating, high end finishes, or an amazingly powerful engine. The 2011 750Li gives you everything. I have owned the SL55; more power, yes, but lacking in comfort and technology. Don't forget covered maintenance! Miles per gallon isn't ideal, but considering I have nothing else to sacrifice I will deal with teen digit results. It's very quick, comfortable, quiet, and full of luxury. It doesn't wash itself... But with the camera package it practically parks itself.

Perfect in every way!
By mpons on 03/10/11 16:39 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I never have called or considered myself a "car guy" as my mode of transportation had nothing to do with my personality. This is probably because I am 6'5 and I look for comfort over brand and performance. This is actually how I came to learn about the 750 Li series. I was surprised how my search for an SUV lease put this car within my budget ( apparently everyone knew bmw's lease well but me ) After getting quotes in the $1000's for an Escalade or Navigator lease, even got a quote for $1100 on an Expedition. I have had the car for a week and I find myself making excuses to drive. It is comfortable, sporty, dynamic and very very very fun to drive. I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BMW 750 Li :)

Great car
By esn on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an exceptionable car-the engine is perfectly mated to the drivetrain-there would be no rational reason to go with the V8. Very quiet and comfortable cabin. Navigation is the "weakness" of car-somewhat non intuitive.

Best Luxury Sedan of the Year
By Tan on 08/21/10 22:51 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 7 Series 740Li 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have previously owned the S-Class and 750Li (2006). This time, I was debating between 750Li and 740Li (S-Class IS A JOKE to me) and went with 740Li. Reason, driving feel almost the same, except you will feel a bigger Torque. 740Li, however, doesn't feel the turbo lag like the 750Li. The power kicks in sooner where 750Li will lag (very obvious). & 740Li has all the bells and whistles as it big brother and better mileage. It is the smartest choice over any other brand and even its own big brother. Unless you are all about big engine and want to show off you have more $$$$$, 740li is absolutely fun and slightly economical to drive than the big engine brother. No remorse, guarantee

Awesome 740LI
By TheTitan PI on 07/12/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My ownership experience was great at Riverside BMW. The Sales and Finance team were great in making the best deal happen. Driving the car is exciting. The 6 twin turbo puts out max power with lots of horsepower to give. Car is quiet and runs like a 7 series with the comfort and sport I expected with this type of car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 7 Series in VA is:

$162 per month*