Used 2011 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Poor Interior
By ddmcneill1

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2011 750LI Xdrive BMW. The paint on the knobs on my panel are coming off, I called BMW to complain. I went to a dealership and found that other 750LI X were having the same problems. If you are having this problem please call the head quarters of BMW and file a complaint maybe we can get them to replace the knobs. I had a 2007 750LI BMW and never saw any fading on the heat controls , startup controls and a few other. To spend 100k BMW should not put cheap anything on this car.

Favorite Features

Drive great.

Suggested Improvements

Please stop putting cheap paint on your cars. I purchase a BMW because of the history of quality they put in the car from the inside out.

Worst car ever
By mcbride1

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a 2011 750li .only had car for two days ...drive moderate comes on engine light appears have paid two car notes ..car still in shop...if bmw can't fix there own car who can.....a piece of crap...

Suggested Improvements

Don't make cars u can't fix

Nice but issues
By jimmyhow

2011 BMW 7 Series 740Li 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I considered the S hybrid but chose the 740Li because it drove better. Sadly my alternator has gone out and needed replacement. The car drives well and is pretty fast, but the ride is not super smooth and the car could definately be quieter. I found dealer support to be poor as was that from BMW corporate. I will buy an S class next time.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy is excellent. Handling is amazing as well.

Suggested Improvements

The door arm rests are too short for me. I am a little over 6' tall and with the seat in the right position there is no arm rest for me on the left side.

excellent car but tire problems
By ahly

2011 BMW 7 Series 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I am leasing the 750ix for one year, excellent car inside out except the run flat tires I have to change 6 tires and one rim in one year you have to buy the tire insurance otherwise you are risking too much. Fun to drive almost perfect except dealing with frequent dealer visits to change tires. If you talk to their customer service about the tire problem they refuse to deal with the problem. I personally know many BMW car owners who have the same problem of frequent tire problems. This my last car with run flat tires very disappointed it is a waste of money, time and resources(rubber).

Favorite Features

Fun to drive , different driving modes are amazing comfort, normal and sport modes.

Suggested Improvements

Remove these run flat tires from the car put regular tires and a donut.

Understated Luxury
By laureate2

2011 BMW 7 Series 750Li xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving the Jag XF Supercharged for the last three years I thought that this superliner might be boring. It is not. This car inspires confidence. Whether driving it on the Autobahn at 130 or motoring around town, this is a car for all seasons. It corners like a smaller car, has good power, absorbs bumps, and gobbles up highway miles. It appears that the design of this car was to ignore curb appeal, and focus solely on driver dynamics and comfort. Yet, if you can live with not being the bell of the ball, you'll enjoy every moment behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

European Delivery, X-Drive, I regret not getting the side mounted front cameras. This is a really big car and increased optics, especially when trying to edge out into traffic, can only be a plus.

Suggested Improvements

The seats massage just the legs, should rub the back as well.