2010 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: BMW and safe driving

2010 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Review

750i Sedan (4.4L V8 Twin-turbo 6-speed Automatic)

BMW and safe driving
By jaroslawk on

2010 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

BMW has a good look and performance but everything else are poor. I drive this car a year and i am not impressed. The major problem is with service and wheels and run-flat tires. The aluminum wheels keep cracking in normal driving conditions, and suddenly your tires can lost all air in higher speed driving. My car has 20K miles and had to replace all tires and two rear wheels. It is costly but BMW denies to take the blame. This is a bad design and BMW blaming owners of bad driving, while it is due to very stiff tires which transmit vibrations to the rims which cracks. On top they dont have tires to replace and you need to wait a week, while driving a junk car. I don't recommend BMW at all.

performance, look.

1) need better service both in service shops and customer service in US. 2) need better quality of tires and wheels. 3) need better road assistance 4) need better economy, you can make only 13-15 miles per gallon in gentle driving.
By hunterl
on 03/30/12 18:39 PM (PDT)

If you did any research you would have discovered the problems with run flats : noisy,rough ride, expensive and poor mileage . Owners have been complaining about these problems since they were original equip. I just finished driving a 2012, 330 loaner and found the noise and hard ride to have lessen from previous years. Of coarse , this is a lighter car than the 750i and has much smaller and presumably quieter tires. I intend to ask my body shop what they would charge to build a spare tire compartment in the trunk. I will not buy any B M W with run flats and will Audi if they don't discontinue them before I am ready to buy my next 7 series.