Used 2009 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Putting my new 750i through its paces
By knowbody

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I stepped up from a 2006 530i and must say the new 750i has noticeably more power and acceleration. It is extremely quiet at all speeds (I sometimes have to look at the tachometer to make sure the engine is running). I haven't put it completely through its paces yet, but accelerating onto the highway is no effort. I guess with 0-60 in 5.2 seconds I shouldn't be surprised. I love the electronics and find the iDrive much easier to use than my 530i. This vehicle is rock solid and top quality.

The iDrive system is great and this car accelerates so effortlessly with its dual turbo chargers and 450 ft/lbs of torque.

None.

The Full Package
By RJ Salm

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had the car for 2 weeks but this is the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. This car is ridiculously quick, far faster than a luxury sedan has the right to be. It must be conservatively rated at 5.1 seconds to 60 as it certainly feels much faster. That's saying something as I'm coming out of a tuned 2006 Carrera S. It's a large car that apparently doesn't realize its own size, with the 4 wheel steering and adaptive steering it turns on a dime. The optional sound system is excellent (although a 6 disc player is a waste of space in the dash when you already have a 12 gig hard drive and iPod adapter). Brakes feel grabby when in sport mode, likely the tranny dropping into 1st.

Twin turbo power delivery has incredible flat torque curve, pins you into the seat for what feels like forever. Ventilated seats . The ride is whatever you want it to be. Understated presence. Quiet ride. Premium sound system rocks. New iDrive is super easy to use, completely intuitive.

Needs 20" rims for proportionate look, should be standard. More storage up front (lose the 6 CD player or make it a stand alone option) Dinan needs to release a chip for this car... an easy tune for another 100 hp.

2009 7-series impression
By steverobin

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently drove the 2009 750iL. I have had several 750iLs and currently own a 2006 750iL. The current car is masculine and sleek, on the outside and quite comfortable in the inside. I like the heads up display and the lane change indicator. The car is powerful and responsive in the BMW tradition. I noticed that the dash was covered with a light color leather and it reflected onto the windshield. This is dangerous. I also noticed a wind noise at the driver's window. This is something my current 750iL does not have. I was not impressed with a $1000 guzzler tax and a drop in gas mileage. This was poor planning.

Heads up display blind spot indicator lane change indicator.

Go back to 2008 750 iL engine. Turbo charging is fine when the economy is not sacrificed. Get rid of light color dash, it reflects onto windshield, this is a very bad idea.

The Best Drive Ever
By Jim

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned BMWs before and Lexus. This new BMW 750li is sweet. The overhead view speed literally in the windshield etc...is amazing. The I Drive is very easy to use.

Sport/Comfort settings, Executive Seats, The overhead viewing, acceleration.

Don't have one. Only that the saddle leather had been available when I got mine.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Riaz

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Without a doubt this car fits bmw's punch line "the ultimate driving machine"; this is a real drivers car that can be customized to suit your mood; sitting inside makes you feel like you are flying first class and fly you do in this car in sport plus mode; the technology is also amazing with blind spot detection, lane assist, night vision to name a few of the new things.

heads up display, sport plus mode, blind spot detection

allow full internet access in U.S. cars like Germany