Used 2009 BMW 7 Series 750i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

European Delivery
By HappyBeemerHeads

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Took European Delivery in August for four weeks. Fantastic car on the autobahns of Central Europe. When we had a chance, it cruised effortlessly at 120 mph, and felt fine when we found a section of road where 140 was safe. Unfortunately, never got a chance to get to the limiter. Only knock is that it was too big to park in much of Europe. Back home, it is smooth as silk, and worth every outrageous penny.

Favorite Features

Limitless torque. I-drive/navigation (how's that for a turn-around?). Variable throttle/suspension setting system to provide easy choice between fun and slightly better mileage modes.

Suggested Improvements

For the money, the stereo could be better.

Putting my new 750i through its paces
By knowbody

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I stepped up from a 2006 530i and must say the new 750i has noticeably more power and acceleration. It is extremely quiet at all speeds (I sometimes have to look at the tachometer to make sure the engine is running). I haven't put it completely through its paces yet, but accelerating onto the highway is no effort. I guess with 0-60 in 5.2 seconds I shouldn't be surprised. I love the electronics and find the iDrive much easier to use than my 530i. This vehicle is rock solid and top quality.

Favorite Features

The iDrive system is great and this car accelerates so effortlessly with its dual turbo chargers and 450 ft/lbs of torque.

Suggested Improvements

None.

The Full Package
By RJ Salm

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had the car for 2 weeks but this is the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. This car is ridiculously quick, far faster than a luxury sedan has the right to be. It must be conservatively rated at 5.1 seconds to 60 as it certainly feels much faster. That's saying something as I'm coming out of a tuned 2006 Carrera S. It's a large car that apparently doesn't realize its own size, with the 4 wheel steering and adaptive steering it turns on a dime. The optional sound system is excellent (although a 6 disc player is a waste of space in the dash when you already have a 12 gig hard drive and iPod adapter). Brakes feel grabby when in sport mode, likely the tranny dropping into 1st.

Favorite Features

Twin turbo power delivery has incredible flat torque curve, pins you into the seat for what feels like forever. Ventilated seats . The ride is whatever you want it to be. Understated presence. Quiet ride. Premium sound system rocks. New iDrive is super easy to use, completely intuitive.

Suggested Improvements

Needs 20" rims for proportionate look, should be standard. More storage up front (lose the 6 CD player or make it a stand alone option) Dinan needs to release a chip for this car... an easy tune for another 100 hp.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Riaz

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Without a doubt this car fits bmw's punch line "the ultimate driving machine"; this is a real drivers car that can be customized to suit your mood; sitting inside makes you feel like you are flying first class and fly you do in this car in sport plus mode; the technology is also amazing with blind spot detection, lane assist, night vision to name a few of the new things.

Favorite Features

heads up display, sport plus mode, blind spot detection

Suggested Improvements

allow full internet access in U.S. cars like Germany

Beauty and the Beast
By Chas

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The beauty is on the outside, the beast is under the hood. I've been waiting for this car to hit the ground since they announced the new model. I thought I have to drive it before I make a decision on what car to purchase next. I thought it couldn't be much more fun to drive than my 07 550I. I was wrong. At low/normal speeds this car is as smooth as silk and a very quite ride. Drop it into sport mode and nail it, and you have a full blown sport sedan that's not only faster than the 550 but handles just as well. Needless to say, I traded the 550 that same day and drove off in the 09 750I. I drove all of the competitors offerings, A8, S550, E550. No comparison. Very solid. Sport option a must.

Favorite Features

If you're a serious driver, the sport package is a no-brainer. Camera option is very cool, not only for seeing what is behind you, but also the cameras located on the front end which give you a peek into traffic from the left and right sides of the car without sticking the nose out too far.

Suggested Improvements

None at the moment.