2009 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
European Delivery
By HappyBeemerHeads on 12/21/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Took European Delivery in August for four weeks. Fantastic car on the autobahns of Central Europe. When we had a chance, it cruised effortlessly at 120 mph, and felt fine when we found a section of road where 140 was safe. Unfortunately, never got a chance to get to the limiter. Only knock is that it was too big to park in much of Europe. Back home, it is smooth as silk, and worth every outrageous penny.

Putting my new 750i through its paces
By knowbody on 09/07/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I stepped up from a 2006 530i and must say the new 750i has noticeably more power and acceleration. It is extremely quiet at all speeds (I sometimes have to look at the tachometer to make sure the engine is running). I haven't put it completely through its paces yet, but accelerating onto the highway is no effort. I guess with 0-60 in 5.2 seconds I shouldn't be surprised. I love the electronics and find the iDrive much easier to use than my 530i. This vehicle is rock solid and top quality.

The Full Package
By RJ Salm on 07/05/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had the car for 2 weeks but this is the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. This car is ridiculously quick, far faster than a luxury sedan has the right to be. It must be conservatively rated at 5.1 seconds to 60 as it certainly feels much faster. That's saying something as I'm coming out of a tuned 2006 Carrera S. It's a large car that apparently doesn't realize its own size, with the 4 wheel steering and adaptive steering it turns on a dime. The optional sound system is excellent (although a 6 disc player is a waste of space in the dash when you already have a 12 gig hard drive and iPod adapter). Brakes feel grabby when in sport mode, likely the tranny dropping into 1st.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Riaz on 04/17/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Without a doubt this car fits bmw's punch line "the ultimate driving machine"; this is a real drivers car that can be customized to suit your mood; sitting inside makes you feel like you are flying first class and fly you do in this car in sport plus mode; the technology is also amazing with blind spot detection, lane assist, night vision to name a few of the new things.

Beauty and the Beast
By Chas on 04/08/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The beauty is on the outside, the beast is under the hood. I've been waiting for this car to hit the ground since they announced the new model. I thought I have to drive it before I make a decision on what car to purchase next. I thought it couldn't be much more fun to drive than my 07 550I. I was wrong. At low/normal speeds this car is as smooth as silk and a very quite ride. Drop it into sport mode and nail it, and you have a full blown sport sedan that's not only faster than the 550 but handles just as well. Needless to say, I traded the 550 that same day and drove off in the 09 750I. I drove all of the competitors offerings, A8, S550, E550. No comparison. Very solid. Sport option a must.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.