Used 2009 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Great car.
By Thomas

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

My third BMW, and by far the best thus far. I have had the car for 7 years now and besides tires, I have spent less than $2,000 on the car. I am disappointed they discontinued the BMW Assist program for 2009-2013 cars, a big mistake on their part. This includes SOS and Google Maps forwarding directions. That said, it is likely they may continue it at some point. Run-flats are terrible driving tires, so I replaced those as soon as they wore out with normal ties--drove materially better. I am selling my car next week to buy another one, a new model. I highly recommend the car.

2009 BMW 750i
By Robert Felts

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Gas mileage is poor in town, more like 13 than 15. Hi-way mileage is ok, averaging about 21.5 mpg. About 16.3 combined.
Car is a fantastic machine and a true pleasure to drive - acceleration. anti-sway, steering control and ability to cruise comfortably at high speed are all phenomenal. Accessories are second to none. I had a 2009 E550 before this, and IMO it was inferior to this 750i.
Maybe the best car I've ever owned -- except for a 2003 Honda V-6 that was an engineering marvel engine-wise.
I know potential maintenance costs could kill me down the road, but this car was pretty much gone through by the dealer before purchase, so hopefully it'll be a while before repairs start.
Short story? The Ultimate Driving Machine, hands-down. I love it.
Update 6500 miles and 8 months later:
Car continues to be maintenance free, runs like a charm; fast, comfortable, zero problems so far. 22.8 mpg on a recent 500 mile trip averaging over 70mph. Still the ultimate cruising auto, but unfortunately attracts police at 90.

BMW builds another fantastic 7 Series!
By Tcjenn

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned four BMW 7 series. 1991, 95, 2006' and 2009. This newest one, 2009 750Li is a fantastic automobile. The upgrade in power from a normally aspirated 360 hp v8 to the new twin turbo charged v8 is great. I can really feel the difference. I like the heads up display. I like all of the new features like the lane departure warning, the blind spot avoidance, the lane change vibration steering wheel , the continued excellent leather used, the continued excellent standard of the industry BMW seats.

The engine with its twin turbochargers is probably my favorite new feature on my car. It runs so smooth and quiet, I love it! When I need to have power, it is always ready to deliver.

The only nit pick I have is the throttle pedal is quite touchy. If I push on it too softly, nothing happens. When I push on it too hard, the car accelerates very quickly with lurching. The proper throttle technique is acquired after a long learning curve.

European Delivery
By HappyBeemerHeads

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Took European Delivery in August for four weeks. Fantastic car on the autobahns of Central Europe. When we had a chance, it cruised effortlessly at 120 mph, and felt fine when we found a section of road where 140 was safe. Unfortunately, never got a chance to get to the limiter. Only knock is that it was too big to park in much of Europe. Back home, it is smooth as silk, and worth every outrageous penny.

Limitless torque. I-drive/navigation (how's that for a turn-around?). Variable throttle/suspension setting system to provide easy choice between fun and slightly better mileage modes.

For the money, the stereo could be better.

Interior Design Needs Major Improvement
By bmwenthusiast

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've leased a 7 series for over the past 12 years. Ranging from the '03 to '07, to now '09 model. The drive is excellent as it always has been throughout the years. It is fast, comfortable, sleek and a pleasure to drive. However, the interior design has been a huge disappointment. The little space that was already in the earlier 7's is gone. The only item you can place at the dash now is a pen let alone the only place my phone can sit is the cup holder. For a business man, this inconvenience makes day-to-day travel to meetings a hassle. So much to the effect where I have even considered that when my lease ends switching to another make who has planned the interior with more practicality.

Excellent improvement on the navigation and overall software changes in the system.

As mentioned earlier, interior design completely lacks any sense of practicality.