2009 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
BMW builds another fantastic 7 Series!
By Tcjenn on 07/05/10 05:55 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned four BMW 7 series. 1991, 95, 2006' and 2009. This newest one, 2009 750Li is a fantastic automobile. The upgrade in power from a normally aspirated 360 hp v8 to the new twin turbo charged v8 is great. I can really feel the difference. I like the heads up display. I like all of the new features like the lane departure warning, the blind spot avoidance, the lane change vibration steering wheel , the continued excellent leather used, the continued excellent standard of the industry BMW seats.

European Delivery
By HappyBeemerHeads on 12/21/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Took European Delivery in August for four weeks. Fantastic car on the autobahns of Central Europe. When we had a chance, it cruised effortlessly at 120 mph, and felt fine when we found a section of road where 140 was safe. Unfortunately, never got a chance to get to the limiter. Only knock is that it was too big to park in much of Europe. Back home, it is smooth as silk, and worth every outrageous penny.

Interior Design Needs Major Improvement
By bmwenthusiast on 10/07/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've leased a 7 series for over the past 12 years. Ranging from the '03 to '07, to now '09 model. The drive is excellent as it always has been throughout the years. It is fast, comfortable, sleek and a pleasure to drive. However, the interior design has been a huge disappointment. The little space that was already in the earlier 7's is gone. The only item you can place at the dash now is a pen let alone the only place my phone can sit is the cup holder. For a business man, this inconvenience makes day-to-day travel to meetings a hassle. So much to the effect where I have even considered that when my lease ends switching to another make who has planned the interior with more practicality.

"Without a doubt the best car yet"
By BROGERS on 09/21/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased my second 750Li after owning a BMW '07 Li. My first ride was unbelievable. Fast, comfortable, easy to handle, idrive more friendly, head up option and nav system 100% better, so quiet you have to check the tach to know it running, and 0-60 time is really true. This beast is a sports car feel in a limo body. Nothing compares with it. Mercedes can't hold a candle to the 750Li. I've owned both.

09 750LI not a dependable car
By Bimmerman on 09/18/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a brand new 09 750LI with all the possible options about three weeks ago. Since then I've been visiting the dealership twice a week. First after a day I had a leaking power steering hose. Then the hood hinge got loose and my hood in one corner was sticking up by about an inch then some air vent pipe got loose and was rattling like a broken muffler now the biggest problem that just came up after about 1500 miles is the TRANSMISSION!!! I have a loud transmission sound like you have in a 10 year old Dodge minivan with 100k miles on it. This is my 4th BMW and its the only one with those type of problems. My advice is Watch OUT!!!

Putting my new 750i through its paces
By knowbody on 09/07/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I stepped up from a 2006 530i and must say the new 750i has noticeably more power and acceleration. It is extremely quiet at all speeds (I sometimes have to look at the tachometer to make sure the engine is running). I haven't put it completely through its paces yet, but accelerating onto the highway is no effort. I guess with 0-60 in 5.2 seconds I shouldn't be surprised. I love the electronics and find the iDrive much easier to use than my 530i. This vehicle is rock solid and top quality.

The Full Package
By RJ Salm on 07/05/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had the car for 2 weeks but this is the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. This car is ridiculously quick, far faster than a luxury sedan has the right to be. It must be conservatively rated at 5.1 seconds to 60 as it certainly feels much faster. That's saying something as I'm coming out of a tuned 2006 Carrera S. It's a large car that apparently doesn't realize its own size, with the 4 wheel steering and adaptive steering it turns on a dime. The optional sound system is excellent (although a 6 disc player is a waste of space in the dash when you already have a 12 gig hard drive and iPod adapter). Brakes feel grabby when in sport mode, likely the tranny dropping into 1st.

2009 7-series impression
By steverobin on 05/14/09 22:41 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently drove the 2009 750iL. I have had several 750iLs and currently own a 2006 750iL. The current car is masculine and sleek, on the outside and quite comfortable in the inside. I like the heads up display and the lane change indicator. The car is powerful and responsive in the BMW tradition. I noticed that the dash was covered with a light color leather and it reflected onto the windshield. This is dangerous. I also noticed a wind noise at the driver's window. This is something my current 750iL does not have. I was not impressed with a $1000 guzzler tax and a drop in gas mileage. This was poor planning.

The Best Drive Ever
By Jim on 04/29/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned BMWs before and Lexus. This new BMW 750li is sweet. The overhead view speed literally in the windshield etc...is amazing. The I Drive is very easy to use.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Riaz on 04/17/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Without a doubt this car fits bmw's punch line "the ultimate driving machine"; this is a real drivers car that can be customized to suit your mood; sitting inside makes you feel like you are flying first class and fly you do in this car in sport plus mode; the technology is also amazing with blind spot detection, lane assist, night vision to name a few of the new things.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.