Used 2008 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Great blend of luxury and performance
By JG

2008 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd 750. This is the perfect blend of interior luxury and sports car handling/performance under $100k. Fit and finish are outstanding. The iDrive is fine but the Nav system is terrible. My only complaint on an otherwise perfect car.

smooth acceleration and great handling for such a big auto

Touchscreen Nav system.

Beware of night vision
By Fustrated w/BMW

2008 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Stay away from night vision. I thought it would be great option but be warned, it is not. It is difficult to use as a driver and by time you see something, there is no time to react. But the downside is that the engineers mounted the camera in a place where rocks and debris can easily damage the lens. I didn't have 3k miles on my car before it went kaput! And, BMW will not fix it for free and the cost of repairs is $4,500.00. And the engineers of BMW also removed the sensor to tell you when a tail light is out. Well mine went our and the 3.00 bulb has been replaced by a LED light that takes the service dept 8 hrs to fix. And after 3 weeks, it's out again! Whats going on?

Style is horrible - I can't tell a 7 from a 5. Wish I still had my 2004.

2008 750Li Amazing!
By Shain

2008 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is an amazing car. Considered the Lexus and Infiniti top models, but they did not stack up against the 750. Stereo is phenomenal; drive and comfort - WOW!! IDrive is completely intuitive, controls are easy, and interior finish is immaculate. The best I have ever driven!

DVD sound system! Stereo! IDrive is too cool. Smooooooth ride. Luxury, comfort, and feel.

IDrive on 2009 is improved. I miss this on 2008. No suggestions, my car is perfect!

Exceptional Car
By Gurpreet

2008 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my car over the weekend and drove two hundred miles from the dealership to my home. Ride quality, technology, build quality and all the features are mind blowing. I have looked at Benz S550 and Lexus LS460 before pulling the trigger on 750LI. In my opinion this car is the best in this class as far as options, interior look, feel, drive and build quality is concerned. I don't know what is the fuss about IDrive? I was able to figure out everything about the IDrive in my two hour drive. It's very good system if you are ready to embrace the latest and greatest in technology 750LI has to offer. IF you are in the market for luxury car in this class then look no more.

IDrive, luxury seats with tons of features and everything else this car has to offer. Once you are in driver's or passenger's seat you don't want to step out. My kids love the rear comfort seats and these seats can also be adjusted just like the front.

Better quality sun visor for the driver and passenger.

Nice to be driven - nice to drive
By maiaibing

2008 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The passenger comfort of this car is hard to beat. Quiet and smooth - I often feel like power napping between meetings! Rear windows not too small or high. At the wheel its a pleasure to drive. But it is b-i-g. Some may feel uncomfortable handling the sheer size. Too early to really say anything about the quality of the build and engine. First impression is very good, but with all the tech there are lots of things that can break or go wrong. Tested another 750li before buying this one - and it had a broken sunshade.

Excellent rear seat adjustment options and lots and lots of leg room. Good seat memory function - also in the back.

iDrive was developed by a crazed monk in Transylvania. My wife's favorite comment: "Please go out and set the route for x." Keyless "design" makes it more difficult and time consuming to start than with an ordinary key.