2008 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Great blend of luxury and performance
By JG on 04/20/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd 750. This is the perfect blend of interior luxury and sports car handling/performance under $100k. Fit and finish are outstanding. The iDrive is fine but the Nav system is terrible. My only complaint on an otherwise perfect car.

Beware of night vision
By Fustrated w/BMW on 12/29/08 09:24 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Stay away from night vision. I thought it would be great option but be warned, it is not. It is difficult to use as a driver and by time you see something, there is no time to react. But the downside is that the engineers mounted the camera in a place where rocks and debris can easily damage the lens. I didn't have 3k miles on my car before it went kaput! And, BMW will not fix it for free and the cost of repairs is $4,500.00. And the engineers of BMW also removed the sensor to tell you when a tail light is out. Well mine went our and the 3.00 bulb has been replaced by a LED light that takes the service dept 8 hrs to fix. And after 3 weeks, it's out again! Whats going on?

2008 750Li Amazing!
By Shain on 10/31/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is an amazing car. Considered the Lexus and Infiniti top models, but they did not stack up against the 750. Stereo is phenomenal; drive and comfort - WOW!! IDrive is completely intuitive, controls are easy, and interior finish is immaculate. The best I have ever driven!

Exceptional Car
By Gurpreet on 10/13/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my car over the weekend and drove two hundred miles from the dealership to my home. Ride quality, technology, build quality and all the features are mind blowing. I have looked at Benz S550 and Lexus LS460 before pulling the trigger on 750LI. In my opinion this car is the best in this class as far as options, interior look, feel, drive and build quality is concerned. I don't know what is the fuss about IDrive? I was able to figure out everything about the IDrive in my two hour drive. It's very good system if you are ready to embrace the latest and greatest in technology 750LI has to offer. IF you are in the market for luxury car in this class then look no more.

Nice to be driven - nice to drive
By maiaibing on 09/27/08 07:33 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The passenger comfort of this car is hard to beat. Quiet and smooth - I often feel like power napping between meetings! Rear windows not too small or high. At the wheel its a pleasure to drive. But it is b-i-g. Some may feel uncomfortable handling the sheer size. Too early to really say anything about the quality of the build and engine. First impression is very good, but with all the tech there are lots of things that can break or go wrong. Tested another 750li before buying this one - and it had a broken sunshade.

BMW 750i - Great Car
By NJ750INY on 09/26/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Overall it's just a great car, rides well, always works as it should, Once you get to know iDrive it's a good system but not great, quality fit and finish inside and out, comfortable on the highway, in traffic, or on the twisty back roads. Decent MPG for a large car with a V-8, average 16 MPG, (80 city, 20 highway driving). Can be had at great price right now with slowing sales and a new model coming out soon, if you don't mind driving the older model. Can't beat BMW's warranty and free scheduled maintenance.

Disappointed
By debra on 09/10/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have had numerous BMW products which I have enjoyed. However, I have never had one that would not accept gasoline in the tank or where the mileage range reads different each time after fueling and gas gage reads something different every 10 to 20 miles. I have no idea most of the time if I have gas or not. I have driven every loner I think BMW has to offer for weeks at a time. My car is in repair so much BMW doesn't call me for a service review. In addition, my cruise is set at 70MPH and my computer reads avg speed is 85 MPH???? So much for my purchase of the "luxury" car when I am driving a loner most of the time.

Great Car - Better Than S500
By Will on 08/19/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I had only considered another S500 or the Lexus LS460 L. I stopped in at the BMW dealer while the wife was shopping just to kill time. After the negative notes on the iDrive and a look I considered "not cool" I was impressed with the close-up look of the exterior and blown away by the interior. One test ride and I was hooked. No doubt it is a blast to drive. The young 'buzzers' that show-off at the stop lights are real surprised when the "large" BMW blows past them after the first 100 ft. or so. The 760 might have been more fun but not enough to justify the extra cost. The iDrive is no big deal to learn or navigate.

Great car, insanely bad radio quality
By BMW Man on 07/07/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased this beautiful car. The seats are luxurious with tons of settings and it even has a driver side massage. The car drives great and is ultra luxurious. However, even with the premium sound $1800 upgrade with 13 speakers, the quality of the radio is horrible. It sounds tinny and when you adjust the base, you lose the midrange and can not adjust that. The feature to give stereophonic sound (Logic 7) sounds terrible and echoes all around when you turn it on. It's amazing that with such an awesome car they would put in this kind of sound system.

I like it!
By ro2 on 04/19/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I really enjoy this 7 series. This is my third 7, and I like the tight feel of driving. The power is intoxicating as it moves! I like the improved iDrive. It is easier to use. The car also fits my size as I am 6'1" and need enough room. It works well with my iPhone, too. Owning this car is a real joy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.