Used 2007 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

You can't go wrong
By Malik

2007 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I was a little bit skeptical whether I should go for the 7 series. After several reviews I decided to go for it and see if there would be any headaches with owning a car like this. The idrive is easy to use, just make sure you don't use it while driving, I almost rear ended several cars. The comfort is out of this world, you really feel like you are in a leer jet.

That little red button that you're not suppose to touch. LOL (sports mode).

none

The Nightmare Continues...
By Hollywood

2007 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I just traded my '06 750Li lemon for an '07...and got another lemon. The '06 was continually in the shop for transmission problems, which after 4 attempts and a new transmission was never fixable. The new '07 has the same problems (I know, "fool me once..."). BMW as a company has been horrific to deal with. The mechanics say that BMW is well aware of the faulty transmissions, but no fix is available. Apparently BMW's policy is "let the buyer beware". Yikes. I now have an attorney instead of a drivable vehicle. Oh well, live and learn! I guess there is good reason why the A8 and the S-class have passed up the 7 series in reviews over the past several years.

It's in the shop too much to remember.

1)BMW needs to fix the faulty transmission problems. 2) BMW needs to return to the principles of ethical support and business conduct that helped build their reputation.

FUN
By page684

2007 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Been driving this car for some time now and it is truly an incredible drive. If you are looking for a luxury sedan in this price range, I would certainly recommend it, specially if you are a gadgets fan.

Voice command activation, ease of use, the control knob and more fuel efficient than most cars in its class.

Increasing more standard features.

750 Li
By BM

2007 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first BMW after a Lexus and MB. I tested the LS 460 and S 550. I fell in love with the 750. I love the car. It is loaded with amazing technology. The iDrive is easier than I expected (of course it took me two hours at the dealership to learn the basics and another two hours of exploring it at home). It is fun to drive especially when passing other cars. This is truly a luxury car with the heart of a race car. Best car to lease.

I don't know where to begin. iDrive, Night vision, rear DVD, side sunshades, driver seat massage, parking sensors, bluetooth, voice command, transmission, engine, acceleration...

May benefit from adding more features to the navigation system to make it more user friendly and easier to locate POI and entering destinations.

I love my 760 Li - when it runs properly
By dj

2007 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I just love my 760 (this is my 2nd, the first was a 2005). Unfortunately, it seems to have MAJOR engine/mech. problems. BMW has been unable to diagnose/repair the most recent problem which left me stranded on the side of the interstate in a major thunderstorm. The car has been taken away by a flat bed truck 2x now. Nothing more embarassing than waiting for a tow with your $150k car on the side of the road. My first 760 had minor issues-so I ordered a new one thinking I just got a bad car. I actually had it built with everything I wanted which took months & I finally get my new beautiful car & the day they delivered it there was an error light on in the dash board... it's been downhill since.

The speed... hands down.