Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

A great car!
By Marty

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Once you master the iDrive, which takes a little practice, it becomes simple. the vehicle has wonderful features, that other cars lack. It is a very quiet,very smooth, & very swift piece of work. The luxury seats are extremely comfortable. the luxury sound system is awsome. The fit & finish are perfect. AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE!

Bluetooth. Seat comfort. Sound system. Silence & swiftness. Auto park feature.

Navigation is cumbersome to enter destinations. Should be touch screen. CD system sould be able to randomly play discs & should not cancel when radio is played. Door handle beams don't remain on long enough. Remote door lock should be programmable to open all doors on one push or two.

Typically BMW
By Sam Christianson

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

When I bought my 750Li I was very excited about it. The styling has grown on me over the years and the interior was very comfortable. Now that the car is almost a year old I kind of regret buying it, though. It performs like a dream and certainly has all of the features I wanted, but the quality of interior materials is well below that of its competitors and reliability problems have been unending. So far everything has been covered by warranty but I am afraid of what will happen when that ends. All in all, it has been just like all my other BMWs, very satisfying to drive but not to own. I think I might make the switch to Mercedes-Benz or Audi after this.

Effortless acceleration, smooth shifting automatic, superb seats, unique styling, outstanding driving dynamics.

Scrap iDrive in favor of something more intuitive, use real wood and better quality plastics inside, improve overall quality (a great performance sedan is no good if it spends all its time in the shop).

Awesome drive
By Dan

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I don't understand what the fuss is about this car. The iDrive, while it has its quirks, it's great after you learn to use it, after all this is the computer age. But regardless it is the best driving car on the road unless you want a really bumpy and loud sports car, this car has the performance and handling of a sports car that is actually comfortable to drive. There might be prettier luxury cars out there but none drive like this one.

The driving experience, bluetooth

Mainstream dashboard design would be nicer

Blew me away
By Car Lover

2006 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

When I first heard of this car, I had a feeling I was going to buy it. At the dealer, they didnt have any to test drive because it is 100% custom made to your liking. Instead I drove the 750Li and liked it but I felt like I needed more so I put down an order for the 760. While driving, it accelerates like no tomorrow. Though its numbers are less than the Merc S600, it is a naturally aspirated car with no Turbos unlike the merc. It fits the demeanor of a luxury car. The interior is extremely well fitted with a leather suede top. Though slower and less technologically advanced as the Merc, I'd choose this anyday. Luxury cars aren't meant to be fast, they are meant to be ridden in.

Massive reserve power. Cruising at 150 (top speed) from vegas in the desert, it gracefully glides along without struggles. Most practical car on the road. Especially like the massive trunk. It can hold the luggage for everyone and still have space.

Nothing really. Its perfect.

In the shop for the first 30 days
By John Stadler

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Nice car was in the shop for 30 days with a noise that caused the dealership to pull the dash, and finaly found it in the sun roof. Not the quality that I would have expected. The blue tooth does not work well. I liked the old hard wired, worked every time

Overal comfort

Improve the blue tooth make it compatable with real phones