Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Wow
By dave beroisa

2006 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Awesome vehicle, expensive but worth every penny. Will look forward to buying another when it comes time to turn this one in.

The handling

More space

750 Problems/IDrive failures
By Janina P

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Hello. I have a 2006 750Li which has had numerous problems in several months. First, the parking light indicated a failure. Brought it to the dealer and they were not able to recreate the problem. Next, the iDrive froze and when this occurs the navigation, and all controls are stuck. This occured in a busy part of Los Angeles which created a problem as we were lost. The car has had 4 iDrive failures since, during one I stopped by the dealer to show them. Their technicians witnessed it, as did the service manager, however they can't locate a fault code in the computer so they can't correct the problem.

This is truly a drivers luxury car!!
By NyBiMmErMaStA

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My white BMW 750Li is a wonderful car! It excels in design, and performance. It's extremely fun to drive. From the tastefully put-together interior to the 360 hp V8, it is truly "the driver's luxury car"! It's performance is breath-taking, and the way it sits on the road is impressive! I had a 745lLi in 2003 and traded it in this year. Even though the 750 is a face lift, it is much different than the 745. One difference is that it's much noticeably faster than the previous model.

They are the iDrive which they made more user-friendly than the 745. It is also much quicker. I love the Logic7 Harmon Kardon Sound system and the convenience package that includes automatic trunk opening and closing and power soft-close automatic doors and trunk. Also, the luxury seating package.

I think that BMW should make Active Steering for the 7. Also, I think they should improve their V-12 engine in the 760 to be faster than their competitors!

A great car!
By Marty

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Once you master the iDrive, which takes a little practice, it becomes simple. the vehicle has wonderful features, that other cars lack. It is a very quiet,very smooth, & very swift piece of work. The luxury seats are extremely comfortable. the luxury sound system is awsome. The fit & finish are perfect. AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE!

Bluetooth. Seat comfort. Sound system. Silence & swiftness. Auto park feature.

Navigation is cumbersome to enter destinations. Should be touch screen. CD system sould be able to randomly play discs & should not cancel when radio is played. Door handle beams don't remain on long enough. Remote door lock should be programmable to open all doors on one push or two.

Typically BMW
By Sam Christianson

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

When I bought my 750Li I was very excited about it. The styling has grown on me over the years and the interior was very comfortable. Now that the car is almost a year old I kind of regret buying it, though. It performs like a dream and certainly has all of the features I wanted, but the quality of interior materials is well below that of its competitors and reliability problems have been unending. So far everything has been covered by warranty but I am afraid of what will happen when that ends. All in all, it has been just like all my other BMWs, very satisfying to drive but not to own. I think I might make the switch to Mercedes-Benz or Audi after this.

Effortless acceleration, smooth shifting automatic, superb seats, unique styling, outstanding driving dynamics.

Scrap iDrive in favor of something more intuitive, use real wood and better quality plastics inside, improve overall quality (a great performance sedan is no good if it spends all its time in the shop).