2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Fast, Great Handling, Reliable Car
By Orange County Driver on 04/11/06 21:07 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This 750i with sports package is my fourth BMW. Compared to my past 2001 540i with sports package, this car has a better ride, handling, acceleration, comfort, and features. The comfort sports seats are firm, but not too constraining, with a highly adjustable back rest. The Bluetooth phone with docking cradle works extremely well, with clients believing that I am in the office when talking hands free. Logic 7 stereo with Sirius satellite radio is the best sound system I have had in a car. The 750i handles great, with very good steering wheel/road feel, and near level cornering. The car has been very reliable so far (6000 miles), with only one problem, a creaky windshield that was fixed

Another Lemon!!
By Bret Temple on 04/03/06 10:46 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

When I first got my 750, I was very excited. its been in the shop now 3 times for major engine problems. The car just died in the middle of driving and had to have the entire ignition system replaced in the first 2 months. it. To me that is unacceptable, and was very dangerous when I was on the Freeway. I'm not very happy, and I am currently pursuing The Lemon Law. It's too bad, because I really enjoyed the car. Too many electronics, BMW needs to chill out on that, and just build a reliable car.

Best of the Best
By harold on 04/01/06 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 740, 745 and now a 750. While I enjoyed each of them and stayed with BMW, the 750Li is even better, by far. It's as though my 745 went to the gym for 6 months. Tighter, faster, smoother and easier electronics. I looked at MB 550,Jag Super V8, and Audi 8. All were much more money to lease (BMW hs highest residual) and each is a great car. The 750 is the best of the best. So far, (2500 miles) no issues or problems. It even looks better.

The 2006 750LI is Pure Luxury
By Desert Driver on 03/21/06 10:29 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second BMW, but first sedan. Buying a BMW has always been easy and enjoyable at Palm Springs BMW they are very professional and go into great depth on how everything in your new 750li works. The back seat is meant for long road trips and with the optional DVD player it is like having your own home theatre chair in your car. I only hope that as the driver, I will get the chance one day to be driven around in the back seat!!

BMW forever
By Louise on 02/28/06 20:40 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Our 2006 750li has been just plain fantastic. The iDrive on the 750li is tremendous if you take the time to learn it and the navigation screen is the best so far. The trunk is huge and the automatic close feature is great when you have you hands full of groceries. I can step into the back seat to put my granddaughter into her seat without throwing out my back. The keyless entry has spoiled me forever. Curves might as well be straight aways. There is no lean-to-the-left, lean-to- the-right when you drive on curvy roads. This car does what you want it to do

I'm amazed
By E Lok on 02/28/06 15:12 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After hearing so many horror stories about earlier models of the 7 I am truly amazed at my new purchase - not a single problem after two months. It is one of the easiest handling large cars I have ever driven: nimble and agile. The nav system, though, cumbersome and slow, is manageable once you get use to it. The sport suspension is of no equal - the car comes lower with this suspension. Only complaint is the lack of an aux jack for an iPod. Presumably because there is a Sirius Sat Radio but their service cuts in and out except when you are travelling in wide open space--a real disappointment. For the quality, price and sophistication, the new 2006 750Li is definitely top draw.

Truly 'The Ultimate Driving Machine'
By BMW owner on 02/02/06 05:15 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car is simply amazing. I have a 2005 Audi A8, 2005 Jaguar xj8 and a 2004 Mercedes S 500, but they all fall short of the new BMW 750i. The 750i has loads of power, outstanding performance and razor sharp steering. Overall great styling, turn heads and attracts attention like nothing else! This is one of the few cars that I could feel very safe driving yet enjoy its power and sporty features. When I drive the 750 I feel compelled to push it to the limit to really understand the BMW slogan ‘the ultimate driving machine’. The 750 takes on curves like a pro. Also, the iDrive system is extremely user friendly and very easy to use.

Better than the 745Li
By BoBoBo360 on 01/22/06 06:16 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Essentially a 745Li with a bigger engine, well after all it is just a refreshening. After trading the 745Li for the 750Li, the major difference is power. Its great handling, but some what indifferent to bonding with the driver. It kinda just does its thing, not much feeling... Anyways, compare to 2005 S500 definately better performance although only 6 speed as oppose to S500's 7 speed its still smooth. S500 has a much more comfortable suspension. It comes with 4 year warranty and the best part free maintenance. The BMW free maintenance covers a lot and will save you a lot too because it covers new brakes, oil changes, minor and major tune ups.

STAY AWAY
By brainey on 01/21/06 21:43 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 7 series thinking it would be very reliable by price/bmw rep. While the car looks nice and is fun to drive it has had so many problems. I have had fault lights going off monthly, there is a problem with the moonroof whistling - BMW states this is common for their cars, my speakers on the logic 7 crackled for 10 months before they could locate the problem (at least 5 visits to the dealer) and my tires went bald at 16,000 miles and cost $700 to replace. This is not anywhere near the relaibility, function, performance one would expect form an $80,000 car. I had less problems with used cars in the 80's. 15 trips to the service dept in 16 months has been inconvenient to say the least.

Ohhh So Smooth
By JDP on 01/18/06 10:39 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After 4 Lexus, a few Cadilacs, an Infiniti and even a Mercedes this new BMW 750 LI is the best large car I have ever owned. The comfort, ride, speed and handling is vastly supierior to the other makes. The quality of the product is so good it takes the sting out of the price. BMW actually gives you something for your money it's called value. The car is so quiet on the road I want to go places and with the concert hall sound system I could care less about sitting in traffic. The ergos and seats are the best. At the gas station a little kid said, "Nice BMW mister.." Priceless.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.