Used 2006 BMW 7 Series 750i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

In the shop for the first 30 days
By John Stadler

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Nice car was in the shop for 30 days with a noise that caused the dealership to pull the dash, and finaly found it in the sun roof. Not the quality that I would have expected. The blue tooth does not work well. I liked the old hard wired, worked every time

Overal comfort

Improve the blue tooth make it compatable with real phones

Fast, Great Handling, Reliable Car
By Orange County Driver

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This 750i with sports package is my fourth BMW. Compared to my past 2001 540i with sports package, this car has a better ride, handling, acceleration, comfort, and features. The comfort sports seats are firm, but not too constraining, with a highly adjustable back rest. The Bluetooth phone with docking cradle works extremely well, with clients believing that I am in the office when talking hands free. Logic 7 stereo with Sirius satellite radio is the best sound system I have had in a car. The 750i handles great, with very good steering wheel/road feel, and near level cornering. The car has been very reliable so far (6000 miles), with only one problem, a creaky windshield that was fixed

Bluetooth phone with pull out of dash phone pad, fully auto sun shades and soft close doors/trunk (great for sleeping baby), iDrive, steering column mounted drive shift lever (allows for great cup holders), Logic 7 stereo with back seat DVD, quietness, ride, comfort access, and quickness/handling.

Comfort sport seats are a little on the firm side. Consider offering head up display as in current 5 Series (although perfect instruments position on the 750i). Should offer an iPod connection, but with Sirius, I don't really mind. Floor mats with BMW logo on drivers side. Otherwise, nothing!

Truly 'The Ultimate Driving Machine'
By BMW owner

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car is simply amazing. I have a 2005 Audi A8, 2005 Jaguar xj8 and a 2004 Mercedes S 500, but they all fall short of the new BMW 750i. The 750i has loads of power, outstanding performance and razor sharp steering. Overall great styling, turn heads and attracts attention like nothing else! This is one of the few cars that I could feel very safe driving yet enjoy its power and sporty features. When I drive the 750 I feel compelled to push it to the limit to really understand the BMW slogan ‘the ultimate driving machine’. The 750 takes on curves like a pro. Also, the iDrive system is extremely user friendly and very easy to use.

A wonderful car to drive, amazing styling, excellent build quality, powerful engine, precise steering, and with the sports package, the 750 can take on a German sports car any day! If you want a classy, powerful, sporty, head turning sedan, the BW 750 is the perfect choice.

I feel that making the iDrive simpler makes it less fun, I believe the more options you can control the more fun the car is. More options to control through the iDrive would be better, and also add the volume counter to the digital read-out. Overall a great car.

Ohhh So Smooth
By JDP

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After 4 Lexus, a few Cadilacs, an Infiniti and even a Mercedes this new BMW 750 LI is the best large car I have ever owned. The comfort, ride, speed and handling is vastly supierior to the other makes. The quality of the product is so good it takes the sting out of the price. BMW actually gives you something for your money it's called value. The car is so quiet on the road I want to go places and with the concert hall sound system I could care less about sitting in traffic. The ergos and seats are the best. At the gas station a little kid said, "Nice BMW mister.." Priceless.

Seats, power, handling, quiet and comfort. Brakes are great! Feel and feed back are perfect. Concert hall stereo. Bluetooth and voice command system works great (once you remember the comands). Sexy looks and not bad gas mileage for as large and fast as she is.

Goofy trasmission features. Need to be able to downshift quickly with out switching to manual mode. Wiper control too close to transmission control. I have ruined many wash jobs squirting washer by mistake. idrve needs to retun to previous screen when going back and forth. Nav is worthless.

Just got it!
By RLCPAPC

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I took delivery on 12/19/05. Mine has the sports package, comfort seats, sirius, premium sound in black sapphire. This is very similar to my ex 04 745i but is faster. iDrive is about the same even though I did not have any problems with the iDrive in the 04 745i. I traded in a '05 645ci for this 750i because the 6 lacked rear seating space. This 750 is really nice and well worth the price. I tried one of the MB S classes but found this to be more fun to drive. Sirius comes with free 12 month subscription which is great. No recalls so far.