2006 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Programming
By Grace Phillips on 10/29/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I find this car very hard to program. I received very little help from the dealership. The owners manual stated the dealership would help with programming the vehicle to your specifications. This has not happened. This takes away all the fun of driving the car. I wish someone could put me in touch with a service center that can help me.

Could Be Great - Comes up Short
By Michael on 12/29/07 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted a large luxury car and chose the 7 Series BMW. Loved the ride, handling and overall performance. The suspension recall was my initiation of what was to come. Next, they replaced the cam shaft (no charge), tire monitors were replaced, but the worst and ongoing problem is the driver's door refuses to close. Imagine paying 85K for a car and you have to rope the door shut so you can drive it to the dealership, lol. Lastly, my experience in the car wash when the flood was delivered to the front passenger seat floor. I thought I left the window open, but no, there was a flaw at the base of the windshield. I won't be buying another BMW product if they can't get this car right.

Reliable Car - Comments On Tires
By Mark on 10/17/07 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is an update to a previous review. Have 35,000 miles on the car and it is extremely reliable. Just installed the Bridgestone Serenity tires, and these are the perfect tires for the car. They take the edge off of the sports package ride without compromising handling, while providing more quiet operation, longer tread life, and all season capability. These tires really give the car a better ride that is more fitting of a luxury car. Have also used Dunlop SP SportMaxx tires which handle well and are quiet, but ride stiffer, have shorter tread life and are not all season. Continentals that come with the car are just o.k.

First Year and Absolutely No Problems
By ScottEdward on 07/25/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a Black/Black 750iL in June of 2006. I've never had to go back to the dealership for any service other than a nail in one of the tires. I've owned Lexus, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota, etc., and this as been the most trouble free auto yet. I really enjoy driving the car and have become spoiled by the many automatic features (door close, keyless start, bluetooth, etc.).

Superb Machine!
By DanP on 07/24/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After 34000 miles the car drives wonderfully and did not have any problems. Powerful, very sharp and precise driving, excellent and predictable brakes, very rich and elegant interior. It looks great, it is very comfortable and I just love driving it! I will recommend it to anyone who loves to drive and relax in the same time.

Fantastic
By J. Stiles on 01/01/07 18:41 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely the best car I have owned. Love it in all respects. This is second BMW after 3 Cadillacs in 5 years.

Great Drive, Great Electronics,
By Bernie on 12/17/06 09:10 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Two thumbs up for this car. Suits me much better than the S500 Benz it replaced. The performance/style/fun factor is purely BMW. The iDrive is a much better way of interfacing with the features than an overdone array of icons and buttons and is much less buggy than the Comand system on my last benz. Sound system is wonderful and the Bluetooth implementation is flawless. Well done all the way around!

Florida
By Florida on 11/29/06 23:10 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

First 7 Series BMW following mostly Japanese luxury (Lexus, Infiniti) and also a Benz. This car is a lot of fun to drive and really couldn't be more comfortable. I have typically stayed away from European cars because based on my high mileage each year, I am always concerned about reliability. So far it has been problem free and more enjoyable than previous cars.

Best car I have ever had
By doug on 11/18/06 17:23 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive the 750il. Takes time to learn all the features. The gas mileage isn't bad for a V-8. I love the room in the back seat. The navigation system is entertaining but somewhat distracting. Same with changing the radio stations using the iDrive. No problem with the blackberry after t-mobile made some changes in the cell phone program. I have had no reliability problems.

Still too complicated
By Ron Brunson on 11/07/06 17:56 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

You expect a car like this to practically drive itself. The interior controls are too complicated. I have to consult the owners manual far too often. If I spent more time in the car, I'm sure I would become more familiar but so far, 3 months is not enough. Performance is fantastic. Far better than my 740.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.