2006 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Transmission failure
By NKadi on 03/12/10 14:21 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Took my 750LI 2006 to the dealership for a "kick" in the transmission while shifting. They recommended and did a software update. Took it for a test drive and within the 1st few minutes, I noticed that the kick has gotten rougher then the warning light came on indicating a fault in the transmission & went in a safe mode. Took it back in & after running a scan, they said it needed a new transmission. I asked them to clear the fault code, and drove off. Surprisingly the car ran normal for the next few days which compelled me to consult other technicians. Some believe it could be a sensor problem misreading data which caused it to go in safe mode. nothing wrong with Transmission. BMW NO ethics!

Totally Stoked Dude!
By LSUBimmerMan on 02/07/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car is everything I've always wanted in a car and then some!! Excellent drive, road manners and a serious head turner. Love it!!

Don't do it!
By HTN-MD on 02/07/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a demo thinking this is the "Ultimate Driving Machine" boy was I wrong. Everything is too expensive, the car has been in the shop 7 times since I bought it. The sound system is just plain bad, the DVD player doesn't work and it took forever to figure out how to change the clock or even the radio station. That is unless you want to read the 97 page manual which tells you how to do so. Is it a head turner - yes without a doubt. But in today's economy- when you take in to account the price of gas, insurance, the overall cost of owning it I say "Don't do it!!"

Shark eats a lot of fuel
By Vochman on 08/03/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this 06 750i on the last day of the month and got a great deal. car is certified. my only complaint is the around town gas mileage - is it me or do you get about 10-12 mpg in city driving on a tank. Freeway does much better. I have the two different size tire layout with 40s on back 45s on front. perhaps that contributes. Car is a rocket ship on the freeway I have also had trouble with passenger door lock - it sticks.

BEST BMW YET!
By BMW QUEEN on 08/01/09 06:28 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 1997 BMW 528i for a beautiful Alpine White 750Li. When I bought my 5 series back in 97' i wanted a 7 series but they where unavailable at the time, so i got the 5. Finally I have a 7 series and it was absolutely worth the wait. Best car I ever had. The Interior is flawless. I looked at the new model 2009 750Li's but I didn't like them, they seemed too sporty. That is why I ended up with The 06' (alot cheaper too!!!) The exterior is just stunning, I had so many complements on this car, i cant count them. The I-Drive feature is new but I'm getting used to it. My Son figured it out in about 2 hours (he's 14), but I'm getting at it slowly... I can use the Nav so i guess thats a start

Alpine White
By Anthony on 02/25/09 20:11 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first BMW I have ever owned, but I saved the best for last apparently. Bought the car used for a small fortune, but I'm loving every minute of driving it. I just retired from the Army, but I get looks from people like I'm doing something illegal (lololol). This car is definitely a head turner, and a rocket in disguise. I haven't had it long, so I don't know about all the problems others are talking about. I'm just enjoying my car and life for now.

750 LI
By Lloyd on 02/23/09 08:33 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car really let me down, just got it, and not even a month, and the transmission needed to be replace. It only has 37000 miles, my Nissan Maxima has more mileage and runs better. Thank God i still have warranty.

Super fast and smooth saloon
By Szutao L on 02/21/09 21:00 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Got this car used for a fraction of msrp. My strongest impression is the low rpm punch and the acceleration. Engine and transmission is super smooth, lots of features are standard, interior is classy. Lots of room, very comfortable for long rides, especially passengers. Seat adjustment was unbelievable. Exterior look was an improvement with facelift, going back to classic bmw look. Why won't you buy a cpo executive car, it is a bargain.

Really the ultimate driving machine
By Faraz on 11/30/08 03:51 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used. As soon as I test drove a BMW 7 series, I realized no other car could match the sensation. The criticism about the iDrive is not true. It is very intuitive and learning reflects the learner's intelligence. Programmable Cruise control, massaging seats, luxurious spacious interior and very comfortable rear programmable seats are unparalleled for an under 100K car. Once you have learned the features and are familiar with the response of the car it is exhilarating to drive this machine. It is a head turner on the road this car will make you drive the scenic road - it handles the road so well and it is so much fun to drive this car.

Best car to drive
By joker2008 on 11/03/08 18:14 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is my first BMW car after Lexus. I feel that I have fallen love with this car since I own it :-) It accelerates so fast to leave other car far behind after I leave traffic light. Bluetooth displays name and address book. Extra space for back seats really makes my family happy. It is not only very fast but also very smooth on high way. The body shape also looks more attractive comparing other luxury cars. It is more fun to drive comparing Japanese. The front and back sensors are quite useful to avoid collide to other vehicles in parking lot. But it does have some electric problems: cigarette charger stopped working, 6-CDs player stopped working but fixed by dealer with warranty

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.