Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Safety Concerns
By john496

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The soft-close doors on our car have failed multiple times creating a signficant safety hazard that continues to be ignored by our dealer (and BMW Coporate). The driver door has failed multiple times. Imagine the terror of having to drive down a highway worrying that your door will not latch and stay closed. Imagine having kids in the car and your back door pops open while taking a curve. Yes, this severe, unimaginable problem has been ignored as 'normal wear and tear' rather than the disaster waiting to happen that it is for BMW...did they not watch the Prius debacle on TV? Did they not learn?

Buy it- you will love this car!
By vittorio

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Best car ever. Dollar for Dollar the best value in luxury sport sedans. Great power, smooth acceleration, creature comforts abound, great styling, solid reliability. My first BMW was an 84, 318i, then graduated to 5 (98 540i) series and have owned a 2001 740i, 2004 745i and now the 750i, by far my favorite!

Favorite Features

Drivetrain, interior, styling. If you can figure out an Ipod and an Ipad then you'll have no problems with the idrive- if you're still using a typewriter then you may have a hard time with it

Suggested Improvements

More power. 360hp needs to be pushed to 420hp then it will put a permanent smile on your face

Fantastic car
By So Cal Happy

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I went to get a new 2010 750LI from my local dealer. After the sticker shock ($100k) he then took me for a drive in a 2007 750. I was shocked at how well it drove! Really, it drove just like a new one. I then shopped around. I found a local private party with an 06 750LI certified with the extended maint program. This means all warranty and service paid for 100% by BMW to 100k mi. or another nearly 3 years from my purch. date. Price paid, just over 30k. I couldn't be happier. The car is AMAZING, runs great and is reliable. It is such a pleasure to drive. Fast, roomy, handles. I have had several cars in the 70k plus range and this beats them all! Save a bunch - go used

Favorite Features

Fast engine, smooth as silk trans, power everything

Suggested Improvements

The Nav is just okay.

dont buy one new
By dawg

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car new unless you have endless cash to burn. Resale value of my 2006 is 28,000. Bought it new in 06 for 85,000. The 3 series is worth more than the 7 series after about 6 years. Great car if you can afford to lose money. This would be an excellent buy for someone wanting a used car.

Love It!
By DMapp-OTown

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After having owned Infinitis, Lincolns, and various other luxury brands, this is by far the best car I have ever driven. Even though this was the first time that I purchased a used vehicle, the car is in excellent condition. A former corporate unit, the car was barely used and came with every option except rear DVD. A big surprise has been how fuel efficient the car has been. This model is worth a serious look.

Favorite Features

Comfort Access and luxury seats

Suggested Improvements

More driver friendly Navigation system