2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 4.8L V8 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

750Li Sedan (4.8L V8 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
It will get you there, but wont' bring you back!
By foreigngirl on 03/10/14 10:15 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My 2006 BMW 750LI; I shif the gear into Drive, it will automaticaly shifs to Park, I shift to Reverse it automatically shifs to Park, it will not let you drive off, it give me a message, drive moderelty, I have sat in parking lots and gas stations for 30 min to an hour before I was able to shift it into Drive, and drive away. I've had BMW Mech. look at it and they say faulty codes come us and they cleared them, had a 2nd Mec. they said the same thing. A month latter its stats up agin. Is any one else having this issues and how to repair it?

Great car!
By dbrock750li on 04/18/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 750LI, Ive had to replace the battery and the splash guard but this car is ridiculous fast, The adaptive headlights are great and massaging seat makes long rides much easier. Sometimes the idrive wont let u select dvd in the back but after a min or so itll highlight to be selected... And the it takes way too long to change the radio station! but Its worth every dime! The ride, the aggressive growl as it climbs the hills, the soft close doors and cold weather package make me wana drive this car across the country for a gallon of milk. P.s. keep your eyes on that speedometer it loves to go fast!

Safety Concerns
By john496 on 12/25/10 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The soft-close doors on our car have failed multiple times creating a signficant safety hazard that continues to be ignored by our dealer (and BMW Coporate). The driver door has failed multiple times. Imagine the terror of having to drive down a highway worrying that your door will not latch and stay closed. Imagine having kids in the car and your back door pops open while taking a curve. Yes, this severe, unimaginable problem has been ignored as 'normal wear and tear' rather than the disaster waiting to happen that it is for BMW...did they not watch the Prius debacle on TV? Did they not learn?

Fantastic car
By So Cal Happy on 08/18/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I went to get a new 2010 750LI from my local dealer. After the sticker shock ($100k) he then took me for a drive in a 2007 750. I was shocked at how well it drove! Really, it drove just like a new one. I then shopped around. I found a local private party with an 06 750LI certified with the extended maint program. This means all warranty and service paid for 100% by BMW to 100k mi. or another nearly 3 years from my purch. date. Price paid, just over 30k. I couldn't be happier. The car is AMAZING, runs great and is reliable. It is such a pleasure to drive. Fast, roomy, handles. I have had several cars in the 70k plus range and this beats them all! Save a bunch - go used

dont buy one new
By dawg on 04/24/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car new unless you have endless cash to burn. Resale value of my 2006 is 28,000. Bought it new in 06 for 85,000. The 3 series is worth more than the 7 series after about 6 years. Great car if you can afford to lose money. This would be an excellent buy for someone wanting a used car.

Love It!
By DMapp-OTown on 04/07/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After having owned Infinitis, Lincolns, and various other luxury brands, this is by far the best car I have ever driven. Even though this was the first time that I purchased a used vehicle, the car is in excellent condition. A former corporate unit, the car was barely used and came with every option except rear DVD. A big surprise has been how fuel efficient the car has been. This model is worth a serious look.

Transmission failure
By NKadi on 03/12/10 14:21 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Took my 750LI 2006 to the dealership for a "kick" in the transmission while shifting. They recommended and did a software update. Took it for a test drive and within the 1st few minutes, I noticed that the kick has gotten rougher then the warning light came on indicating a fault in the transmission & went in a safe mode. Took it back in & after running a scan, they said it needed a new transmission. I asked them to clear the fault code, and drove off. Surprisingly the car ran normal for the next few days which compelled me to consult other technicians. Some believe it could be a sensor problem misreading data which caused it to go in safe mode. nothing wrong with Transmission. BMW NO ethics!

Totally Stoked Dude!
By LSUBimmerMan on 02/07/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car is everything I've always wanted in a car and then some!! Excellent drive, road manners and a serious head turner. Love it!!

Don't do it!
By HTN-MD on 02/07/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a demo thinking this is the "Ultimate Driving Machine" boy was I wrong. Everything is too expensive, the car has been in the shop 7 times since I bought it. The sound system is just plain bad, the DVD player doesn't work and it took forever to figure out how to change the clock or even the radio station. That is unless you want to read the 97 page manual which tells you how to do so. Is it a head turner - yes without a doubt. But in today's economy- when you take in to account the price of gas, insurance, the overall cost of owning it I say "Don't do it!!"

BEST BMW YET!
By BMW QUEEN on 08/01/09 06:28 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 1997 BMW 528i for a beautiful Alpine White 750Li. When I bought my 5 series back in 97' i wanted a 7 series but they where unavailable at the time, so i got the 5. Finally I have a 7 series and it was absolutely worth the wait. Best car I ever had. The Interior is flawless. I looked at the new model 2009 750Li's but I didn't like them, they seemed too sporty. That is why I ended up with The 06' (alot cheaper too!!!) The exterior is just stunning, I had so many complements on this car, i cant count them. The I-Drive feature is new but I'm getting used to it. My Son figured it out in about 2 hours (he's 14), but I'm getting at it slowly... I can use the Nav so i guess thats a start