Used 2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

It will get you there, but wont' bring you back!
By foreigngirl

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My 2006 BMW 750LI; I shif the gear into Drive, it will automaticaly shifs to Park, I shift to Reverse it automatically shifs to Park, it will not let you drive off, it give me a message, drive moderelty, I have sat in parking lots and gas stations for 30 min to an hour before I was able to shift it into Drive, and drive away. I've had BMW Mech. look at it and they say faulty codes come us and they cleared them, had a 2nd Mec. they said the same thing. A month latter its stats up agin. Is any one else having this issues and how to repair it?

Great car!
By dbrock750li

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 750LI, Ive had to replace the battery and the splash guard but this car is ridiculous fast, The adaptive headlights are great and massaging seat makes long rides much easier. Sometimes the idrive wont let u select dvd in the back but after a min or so itll highlight to be selected... And the it takes way too long to change the radio station! but Its worth every dime! The ride, the aggressive growl as it climbs the hills, the soft close doors and cold weather package make me wana drive this car across the country for a gallon of milk. P.s. keep your eyes on that speedometer it loves to go fast!

Soft close doors, Convenience pkg, cold weather pkg, adaptive head lights, Heat and a/c in seats, I love the pen drawers in the dash. I find myself using the flash light built in the glove box often.. Thank you BMW

Needs a back up camera! and it throws a ton of brake dust!!!!

Safety Concerns
By john496

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The soft-close doors on our car have failed multiple times creating a signficant safety hazard that continues to be ignored by our dealer (and BMW Coporate). The driver door has failed multiple times. Imagine the terror of having to drive down a highway worrying that your door will not latch and stay closed. Imagine having kids in the car and your back door pops open while taking a curve. Yes, this severe, unimaginable problem has been ignored as 'normal wear and tear' rather than the disaster waiting to happen that it is for BMW...did they not watch the Prius debacle on TV? Did they not learn?

Fantastic car
By So Cal Happy

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I went to get a new 2010 750LI from my local dealer. After the sticker shock ($100k) he then took me for a drive in a 2007 750. I was shocked at how well it drove! Really, it drove just like a new one. I then shopped around. I found a local private party with an 06 750LI certified with the extended maint program. This means all warranty and service paid for 100% by BMW to 100k mi. or another nearly 3 years from my purch. date. Price paid, just over 30k. I couldn't be happier. The car is AMAZING, runs great and is reliable. It is such a pleasure to drive. Fast, roomy, handles. I have had several cars in the 70k plus range and this beats them all! Save a bunch - go used

Fast engine, smooth as silk trans, power everything

The Nav is just okay.

dont buy one new
By dawg

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car new unless you have endless cash to burn. Resale value of my 2006 is 28,000. Bought it new in 06 for 85,000. The 3 series is worth more than the 7 series after about 6 years. Great car if you can afford to lose money. This would be an excellent buy for someone wanting a used car.