Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

It will get you there, but wont' bring you back!
By foreigngirl

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My 2006 BMW 750LI; I shif the gear into Drive, it will automaticaly shifs to Park, I shift to Reverse it automatically shifs to Park, it will not let you drive off, it give me a message, drive moderelty, I have sat in parking lots and gas stations for 30 min to an hour before I was able to shift it into Drive, and drive away. I've had BMW Mech. look at it and they say faulty codes come us and they cleared them, had a 2nd Mec. they said the same thing. A month latter its stats up agin. Is any one else having this issues and how to repair it?

Transmission Issues!!! Do Not Buy
By bimmers1

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Engine and Transmission Issues!!! Do Not Buy Nice car and very expensive to have this type of expensive issues.

will list when they BMW does a recall. sorry :(

Recall needed urgent!!!

Transmission Issues!!! Avoid if possible
By warmstead

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned BMW's since early 90's - 735i, 745i and now 750i. The 750i is by far the best and worst of the 7 series. if you have a 745 series!! KEEP IT!!! much better car then the 750i... I have had transimission issues " the Jerk or safe mode problems etc" was told everything from need to replace the transimission to it needs a software upgrade. Great looking car but just not worth the investment with today's economy... "Anyone wants to buy a 2006 BMW 750i ? will make you a heck of a deal...

Luxury package

better transimission !!!!

Too many issues
By skap1

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2006 that has had way too many problems including Leaking engine oil Leaking transmission oil Ac issues Dme replaced Soft touch replaced Shifting jolts Moon roof issues It has great ride but the quality of the car sucks! It has only 50k miles.

Great car!
By dbrock750li

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 750LI, Ive had to replace the battery and the splash guard but this car is ridiculous fast, The adaptive headlights are great and massaging seat makes long rides much easier. Sometimes the idrive wont let u select dvd in the back but after a min or so itll highlight to be selected... And the it takes way too long to change the radio station! but Its worth every dime! The ride, the aggressive growl as it climbs the hills, the soft close doors and cold weather package make me wana drive this car across the country for a gallon of milk. P.s. keep your eyes on that speedometer it loves to go fast!

Soft close doors, Convenience pkg, cold weather pkg, adaptive head lights, Heat and a/c in seats, I love the pen drawers in the dash. I find myself using the flash light built in the glove box often.. Thank you BMW

Needs a back up camera! and it throws a ton of brake dust!!!!