2006 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
It will get you there, but wont' bring you back!
By foreigngirl on 03/10/14 10:15 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My 2006 BMW 750LI; I shif the gear into Drive, it will automaticaly shifs to Park, I shift to Reverse it automatically shifs to Park, it will not let you drive off, it give me a message, drive moderelty, I have sat in parking lots and gas stations for 30 min to an hour before I was able to shift it into Drive, and drive away. I've had BMW Mech. look at it and they say faulty codes come us and they cleared them, had a 2nd Mec. they said the same thing. A month latter its stats up agin. Is any one else having this issues and how to repair it?

Transmission Issues!!! Do Not Buy
By bimmers1 on 05/28/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Engine and Transmission Issues!!! Do Not Buy Nice car and very expensive to have this type of expensive issues.

Transmission Issues!!! Avoid if possible
By warmstead on 10/22/12 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned BMW's since early 90's - 735i, 745i and now 750i. The 750i is by far the best and worst of the 7 series. if you have a 745 series!! KEEP IT!!! much better car then the 750i... I have had transimission issues " the Jerk or safe mode problems etc" was told everything from need to replace the transimission to it needs a software upgrade. Great looking car but just not worth the investment with today's economy... "Anyone wants to buy a 2006 BMW 750i ? will make you a heck of a deal...

Too many issues
By skap1 on 02/15/12 18:50 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2006 that has had way too many problems including Leaking engine oil Leaking transmission oil Ac issues Dme replaced Soft touch replaced Shifting jolts Moon roof issues It has great ride but the quality of the car sucks! It has only 50k miles.

Great car!
By dbrock750li on 04/18/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 750LI, Ive had to replace the battery and the splash guard but this car is ridiculous fast, The adaptive headlights are great and massaging seat makes long rides much easier. Sometimes the idrive wont let u select dvd in the back but after a min or so itll highlight to be selected... And the it takes way too long to change the radio station! but Its worth every dime! The ride, the aggressive growl as it climbs the hills, the soft close doors and cold weather package make me wana drive this car across the country for a gallon of milk. P.s. keep your eyes on that speedometer it loves to go fast!

Safety Concerns
By john496 on 12/25/10 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The soft-close doors on our car have failed multiple times creating a signficant safety hazard that continues to be ignored by our dealer (and BMW Coporate). The driver door has failed multiple times. Imagine the terror of having to drive down a highway worrying that your door will not latch and stay closed. Imagine having kids in the car and your back door pops open while taking a curve. Yes, this severe, unimaginable problem has been ignored as 'normal wear and tear' rather than the disaster waiting to happen that it is for BMW...did they not watch the Prius debacle on TV? Did they not learn?

Buy it- you will love this car!
By vittorio on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Best car ever. Dollar for Dollar the best value in luxury sport sedans. Great power, smooth acceleration, creature comforts abound, great styling, solid reliability. My first BMW was an 84, 318i, then graduated to 5 (98 540i) series and have owned a 2001 740i, 2004 745i and now the 750i, by far my favorite!

Fantastic car
By So Cal Happy on 08/18/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I went to get a new 2010 750LI from my local dealer. After the sticker shock ($100k) he then took me for a drive in a 2007 750. I was shocked at how well it drove! Really, it drove just like a new one. I then shopped around. I found a local private party with an 06 750LI certified with the extended maint program. This means all warranty and service paid for 100% by BMW to 100k mi. or another nearly 3 years from my purch. date. Price paid, just over 30k. I couldn't be happier. The car is AMAZING, runs great and is reliable. It is such a pleasure to drive. Fast, roomy, handles. I have had several cars in the 70k plus range and this beats them all! Save a bunch - go used

dont buy one new
By dawg on 04/24/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car new unless you have endless cash to burn. Resale value of my 2006 is 28,000. Bought it new in 06 for 85,000. The 3 series is worth more than the 7 series after about 6 years. Great car if you can afford to lose money. This would be an excellent buy for someone wanting a used car.

Love It!
By DMapp-OTown on 04/07/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After having owned Infinitis, Lincolns, and various other luxury brands, this is by far the best car I have ever driven. Even though this was the first time that I purchased a used vehicle, the car is in excellent condition. A former corporate unit, the car was barely used and came with every option except rear DVD. A big surprise has been how fuel efficient the car has been. This model is worth a serious look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.