DONT BELIEVE THE CRITICISM
By TAMPABMW on
2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
Dont let the negative criticism scare you away from this gem. In spite of negative reviews, BMW is selling almost 11,000 745 models a year. There is a reason: it is a fantastic driver's car without sacrificing any luxury. The power is always there and the handling will amaze, and--Comfort! Do not let the I-Drive criticism affect your decision. The basic drive elements of the car are independent of the system. Most of the other systems (toys) are redundant through I-Drive or voice recognition so if you don't like it, you don't have to use it. But if you can use a multifunction remote control for your stereo/tv/dvd, you will have no problem with I-Drive, and may come to enjoy it.
Favorite Features
Power, handling and comfort. Exquisite styling in and out which garners looks and compliments from ALL! (I have never heard anyone, except the professional reviewers, say this car needs improvement to its styling.) Comfort seats, soft close doors and I-Drive are great. Sport mode auto transmission.
Suggested Improvements
Lose the BMW telephone and perfect Bluetooth! Allow soft close trunk to operate from cabin button or remote fob, not just trunk lid. Allow easy disable of seatbelt chime for 2 minute drives within neighborhood!