BMW 7 Series - Own It - Understand It!
By RZ on
2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
The 7 Series is a truly great car. After owning 4 other 7s, I believe I can speak with some authority. Whenever a review is written, all aspects of the car are praised except the styling and the IDrive. The styling is a matter of taste. But, for all the 7s I have owned, this one gets the most positive comment. It is the true definition of "Road Presence". IDrive is an initial attempt to provide extensive information and operations into a "user friendly" interface. True, it takes some getting use to, but, once learned it provides all the information and control a person requires. One does not have to access all its functions. But, it is good to know you can.
Favorite Features
The soul of the car - 0-60 in 6 seconds, nearly flat handling, well weighted steering and truly linear braking. The comfort seats (optional) may be the most comfortable and supportive I have ever experienced. And yes, the styling. After owning it for over two years, I enjoy the positive comments.
Suggested Improvements
Despite its cutting edge technology, BMW is still far behind in the integration of its cellular phones. It is time to go "bluetooth". Placing the CD cassette in the dash may be handy, but BMW has eliminated the "shuffle" feature. The remote key only works when you are right next to the car.