2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
BMW 745Li
By Alex on 01/21/05 23:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2005 745Li. I had a 2000 740iL before, and traded that in on this. The car has so much on it, it is somewhat confusing at first, though you learn how to use everything eventually. I still am not sure how to get the cell phone into the charger in the middle compartment, it doesnt seem to want to connect. Anyway, I had gone to look at Jaguar and Mercedes before this, but easily decided on the BMW in the end, because of all the features it offers.

What's not to like?
By Klaus is in the Haus on 01/20/05 17:27 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2nd Beemer. 1st was the M Roadster. The 745i is so much more comfortable and almost as much fun to drive. Most features well thought out but some defy logic. (What were the designers thinking when they put the door lock/unlock switch in the middle of the dash?) I-Drive learning curve is steep but a wonderful concept. The steering wheel controls and mode button are all I need to shuttle between Satelite, AM and 7 CD's without taking my eyes off the road. I just wish they would improve the navigation menus and display CD track titles. The Sat radio implementation is fantastic! I usually leave this set to display artist and track title. Hands free phone is nice too.

DONT BELIEVE THE CRITICISM
By TAMPABMW on 01/19/05 08:19 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Dont let the negative criticism scare you away from this gem. In spite of negative reviews, BMW is selling almost 11,000 745 models a year. There is a reason: it is a fantastic driver's car without sacrificing any luxury. The power is always there and the handling will amaze, and--Comfort! Do not let the I-Drive criticism affect your decision. The basic drive elements of the car are independent of the system. Most of the other systems (toys) are redundant through I-Drive or voice recognition so if you don't like it, you don't have to use it. But if you can use a multifunction remote control for your stereo/tv/dvd, you will have no problem with I-Drive, and may come to enjoy it.

GREAT CAR
By Jeffrey Sharp on 01/18/05 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

A real show stopper and fun to drive, handles like a sports car and rides like a G4

beaming BM owner
By John on 01/05/05 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

too bad these are so expensive. The roads would be much safer and faster with more of them

AWESOME CAR
By Jblackbelt on 01/02/05 16:44 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is amazing. I have had an S-Class (first one of the new body style in 2000), the Lexus IS, the old BMW 740il, we've had an Audi, and a Jag...and the 745Li is the best yet. It's amazing. I would rate it 7 series, S class, LS 430, Audi/Jaguar tie.

The ULTIMATE Driving machine
By Stefano Vranca on 12/28/04 21:08 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my 7 series for over a year now and I absolutely love it. It drives like silk, corners and accelerates like a true bimmer. I found the idrive very simple and learned it very quickly. I really do not understand all the fuss about it. It is so convinient and amazing to be able to access all the info in a few touch. I guess it is for younger people rather than older one. I absolutely love my Bimmer. I strongly reccomend its purchase! Stefano Vranca

Nice Car
By Jim G on 12/20/04 18:32 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car has it all!!! The "Comfort Seats" are the most comfortable I have ever had. The car is quick, quiet, and beautiful. I like the I drive with the exception of the navigation system. It is not easy to use. I would definately buy this car again.

745 Li an Awesome Ride
By tc on 12/15/04 23:57 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the flagship on the road, what a wonderful ride either on short or long trips, this car will turn heads!

My 745Li is practically perfect!
By GNGator on 12/15/04 22:50 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After eight months with my new 745Li, I have had not a single complaint! It rides and drives like a magic carpet. The features, including I-Drive, become more simple and user-friendly the longer I have the car. It is smooth and silent on the highway. Handling is tight and incredibly responsive. I love the sound system. The integrated hands-free phone is very good. I don't use the voice activated features much, but should get used to it more. Navigation system is great with accurate computer-determined arrival time. The back seat is huge and very comfortable. I really like the rear/side sunshade screens in our hot Florida summer. Lives up to its "Ultimate Driving Machine" title!