Used 2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

A real driving machine
By Semmelmeyer

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was all set to buy a Lexus LS430 to replace a older Lexus LS 400. I drecided to test drive the BMW745li. WOW, what performance. I decided right then and there to buy one . I got several quotes and was able to get local BMW dealor to come within $700 of my other quote;so, I purchased it from them. It took a little time for me to master the Controler and the 100 &1 things to do. I really love the car and couldn't have made a better choice.

Favorite Features

Hands free cell phone

Suggested Improvements

Push button radio chanels

Beauty and the Beast
By Steve

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Iíve owned 9 BMWs. We presently own 3 (2004 325xi, 2003 X5 4.4, and a 2003 745Li). I really agonized about giving up my last 740iL so I didnít get one of those awful first year 745s. Well, after 2 years and 17,000 miles in the 745Li, I have to say it is the absolute best car I have ever driven but the absolute worst pile of electronic crap Iíve ever had to deal with. Iím an engineer so I understand iDrive but this 745 has become a one-user car because iDrive is unnecessarily complicated and no one else in the family will drive it. Reliability has been perfect but this new style reminds me of driving a well engineered brick, not an art form like previous cars.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Tone down the Bangle tail and make iDrive something that doesn't scare the wife so much she won't drive the car.

going back to mercedes
By Kristopher ogonowsky

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car handles and performs great but it stops there. The electronic are a nightmare, phone only work 50% of time, front seat should be in line with tne center pillar and the front door should be bigger. The steering wheel moves too slow. I really regret buying this car, especially coming out of an S class

Favorite Features

speed and handling

Suggested Improvements

if it even looks like snow this car can not go anywhere. I had to buy a dodge hemi pickup to go to work. For the money the dodge is a much better deal.

My 745Li
By Kevin Lenihan

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The "noise" about iDrive is just that - noise! If you have a desktop or laptop, iDrive is child's play. It takes a little while to become accustomed, but I would not want to be without it now.

Favorite Features

The dash, display and controls. Ventilated, heated and cooled seats are wonderful as is the seat massager.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel could be thinner...

BMW 745Li
By Alex

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2005 745Li. I had a 2000 740iL before, and traded that in on this. The car has so much on it, it is somewhat confusing at first, though you learn how to use everything eventually. I still am not sure how to get the cell phone into the charger in the middle compartment, it doesnt seem to want to connect. Anyway, I had gone to look at Jaguar and Mercedes before this, but easily decided on the BMW in the end, because of all the features it offers.

Favorite Features

DVD Player with Rear I drive controller, Rear Electric Window Shades, I Drive, self closing doors & trunk, heated and air conditioned seats, and massaging drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

None really, though with the back DVD screen, when people get in the front, if the screen is up, they tend to bump it with their arms, so it gets messed up for the people in the back. Maybe putting the screen on the ceiling or one of the back of each seat would be better.