2005 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Ultimate Driving Machine
By Wease944 on 07/04/05 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car. The Sport package makes for a stiff ride so watch out for pot holes if you get this option.The engine has more than enough power, (the 2006 has 40 more horsepower). The "I" drive took a little getting used to but its ok now. The car is solid, quiet and fun to drive. I just wish they had an option to install XM Radio instead of Sirius. I highly recommend this car.

Beauty and the Beast
By Steve on 04/12/05 11:15 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Iíve owned 9 BMWs. We presently own 3 (2004 325xi, 2003 X5 4.4, and a 2003 745Li). I really agonized about giving up my last 740iL so I didnít get one of those awful first year 745s. Well, after 2 years and 17,000 miles in the 745Li, I have to say it is the absolute best car I have ever driven but the absolute worst pile of electronic crap Iíve ever had to deal with. Iím an engineer so I understand iDrive but this 745 has become a one-user car because iDrive is unnecessarily complicated and no one else in the family will drive it. Reliability has been perfect but this new style reminds me of driving a well engineered brick, not an art form like previous cars.

Great exterior looks but bad interior
By Chris on 03/18/05 11:07 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

They destroyed the interior and I regret my wife ever got this car. She doesn't drive it much but I do 80% of the time. I told her I have never seen a car take which was so great from an interior point of view before in the 2002 and under 7 series that felt you were in a cockpit of an airplane and totally destroy it. We plan on selling it this summer and going over to the S500 mercedes. Real sad because we a have had BMWs for 15 years.

going back to mercedes
By Kristopher ogonowsky on 03/12/05 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car handles and performs great but it stops there. The electronic are a nightmare, phone only work 50% of time, front seat should be in line with tne center pillar and the front door should be bigger. The steering wheel moves too slow. I really regret buying this car, especially coming out of an S class

King of the road
By Fred Miller on 03/05/05 16:46 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

The 760Li is a fabulous performance luxury sedan in every way. The power, handling and comfort exceeds any vehicle have ever driven. I have driven many. The fuel efficiency is extraordinary on the highway and poor in the city. The only problem that I have had in approximately 1 year of driving are some quirky electronics issues. The dealer did a good job of taking care of these issues with a minimum of inconvenience. I highly recommend this V12 for someone looking for something above and beyond.

Great car
By TonyB on 02/25/05 23:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven Mercedes (including the Mercedes 500E) for the past 25 years, and this BMW has so far exceeded my expectations. It's lots of fun to drive and handles superbly. I am tall with hip and back problems and the seats are the most comfortable of any car I've had. Also, the layout of all the controls is ergonomcially superior to any other car. Make sure you get the comfort acess option and heated steering wheel. You'd be making a mistake if you didn't.

My 745Li
By Kevin Lenihan on 02/22/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The "noise" about iDrive is just that - noise! If you have a desktop or laptop, iDrive is child's play. It takes a little while to become accustomed, but I would not want to be without it now.

back from mercedes
By sgpnx on 02/18/05 23:05 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

head turner when they see the v-12 on the side.Was orginally worried about the i-drive but mastered in a few days.Great driving experience and real feeling of safety on the road..

Awesome Car
By Eric K on 02/05/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I got my new 745i in Aug of 2004. I have to say I was skeptical since the car as plagued with problems form the intro of the 2002 car. However, I have to say that I am very statisfied with my new 7 (which replaced a 2001 740i Sport). I got the comfort seats and did an AC Schnitzer aero kit on the car. It looks outrageous. I love this car. The iDrive? What's the fuss. It's like anything else new. Once you get used to it, no problem. I ave to say though that BMW needs to take a lesson from Acura on the navigation system. Although I can use it, it can be simplified. A great car overall!!!

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Greg on 01/24/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 760i 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This car is truly amazing. It drives and feels like a much smaller car. Acceleration, cornering and braking are outstanding. I was worried about this car from all the reviews on the i- drive. Don't listen to the complaints; it takes a while to learn but is very simple and intuitive. I can navigate through the entire system while driving easily. You can just try to figure it out while you drive.