Used 2005 BMW 7 Series 745i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw 7-series - Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

BMW 745 is an amazing car!
By Jim

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2005 BMW 745 and I am very pleased. It replaces a Mercedes S430. The exterior design is gorgeous in my opinon, the interior has some of the Rolls beauty that BMW makes but misses the mark of equisite that I think the new S class has. I like the husky roomy bold look of the 745, and because I am a tall man, it is much more comfortable to drive than the benz. The seats are the best of any luxury car if you get the comfort seats with heated/cooled seats with 20 way adjustments & massager.You can even adjust the side bolsters in & out to fit your sides & adjust the lumbar up & down as well as inflate more or less! Drives like a BMW! New blue tooth module allows for new cells!

Favorite Features

Seats!! Handling! Comfort, luxury galore! Braking, safety, 19" wheels! Side rollup screens, power operated trunk, soft close doors, sound system!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the grey interior plastic, dress up the dash just a little more, smooth out the rear and the 745 looks will match its performance and handling!

What are they talking about
By bimmerman375

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving this car for the last few weeks, I can't imagine what troubles critics initally had with it. First and foremost, this machine drives beautifully; though it is large, the steering is incredibly light, especially at parking lot speeds. It has great interior and exterior designs and the comfort features (for example, ventilated seats and automatic closing trunk) are, though unnecessary, quite amazing. Idrive is also not very complicated - after 3 hours or so, I was able to master most features. Additionally, BMW still gives you the option of controlling most things (like the radio) from dedicated buttons on the wheel or center stack. This is a great car, indeed.

Favorite Features

Quick and responsive despite its size. interior space, trunk space, seats, gps, automatic closing trunk, and the dash are all spectacular. Telematics system is also useful. Fuel mileage is best in class, which is good.

Suggested Improvements

The wipers are a little confusing to use, and the rain sensor has to be turned on each time the car is started - this is kind of troublesome at times.

The best new car experience ever
By YL

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Drives like a charm. Still somewhat of an eye catcher :-) Gas mileage just below that of my retired 328i.

Favorite Features

Simple climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

If I only get that built-in cell phone to work...

Critics need to calm down
By bimmer35

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car about a week ago, and all I can say is that it is fabulous. The ride quality is superb, and it offers every creature comfort one could need. The seats are comfortable and there is ample room. Why then do critics mock BMWs premium sedan continuously? I believe iDrive is their central concern, but after only two days in the car, I grew quite comfortable with the GPS, entertainment, communication, and climate functions of the car. The only real problem I have with this car is keeping my kids away from all of the buttons that control the interesting features. All in all, i believe this to be a better car than the other competitors.

Favorite Features

GPS w/ voice operation, telematics system, comfort of seats, grade of components used, exquisite logic7 sound system, and, of course, the power of the engine and the excellent ride quality of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

None so far, but I understand that I haven't had enough time to find faults with the car.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Wease944

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car. The Sport package makes for a stiff ride so watch out for pot holes if you get this option.The engine has more than enough power, (the 2006 has 40 more horsepower). The "I" drive took a little getting used to but its ok now. The car is solid, quiet and fun to drive. I just wish they had an option to install XM Radio instead of Sirius. I highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Seats, Sports Package. Comfort package

Suggested Improvements

XM Radio, More "I" drive short cuts.