2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
3 years with no problems
By IA on 10/23/07 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 3-year lease on this car is about to end and I am a very happy customer. This is a great car and I am still extremely happy with it. For all the time the car has been flawless. So far I only took it to the dealership for scheduled service and once to fix a flat tire. Style, performance, comfort, fun to drive... all exceeded my expectations. Everyone who can afford this car should own it at least once!

Impressive Car
By ppcortho on 11/19/06 00:24 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm not one who is easily impressed with automobiles priced below $100K. My new BMW 745Li, however, is different. I've owned it for 2 months now, purchased as a CPO. Not thinking much of the exterior styling when it first debuted in 2002, I've grown to LOVE the way the 7-series looks. The 745Li stands out from the crowd. The new 2006 750 design has a more generic, less aggressive look (front end). Thus, I had to search for a CPO. I look forward to driving the car because I almost feel unworthy of the luxury it possesses. Quite, smooth ride and hits 100 mph with ease and composure. Logic 7 stereo is great! The iDrive is not bad at all, although the improved '06 version is better.

I LOVE MY BIMMER
By Kahuna on 11/11/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a very family/business oriented car, yet it has that very mystic characteristic about it. You can feel the power when you need it at a moments notice, yet it does it with finesse. Gas mileage is excellent and so are the handling characteristics. Everything about this automobile is done in a very superb fashion and I LOVE IT. The only thing is you have to keep your eye on the speedometer, because that is the only way you'll know how fast you're going. That's how fast this grand lady is. If I had to purchase another vehicle right now, it would be a BMW 7 Series, no questions asked.

Can't Imagine...
By PEB on 12/31/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th bimmer. Didn't think I'd ever spend $80K for a car, but figured now or never. The car is fantastic!! No glitches, no trouble using iDrive. Ten thousand trouble free, love filled miles. After 8 months I'm still finding features that surprise and delight me. I can't imagine a more perfect car.

I miss my 2001 740
By CFC on 11/20/05 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I miss the gear shift. I miss the easy controls. I miss the aggressive style. The 745iL is engineered well, handles great and is comfortable. Unfortunately I don't feel connnected. The trunk looks like I'm transporting a coffin. I'm a computer guy and the iDrive especially the NAV is annoying. The phone hears me...sometimes. The say it a software problem. Unfortunately it's hard to reboot on the freeway at 65. Unless things change, this is my last one. PS I love renting a car when I bring it in for service. At 80K I probably don't deserve one !

A real driving machine
By Semmelmeyer on 07/31/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was all set to buy a Lexus LS430 to replace a older Lexus LS 400. I drecided to test drive the BMW745li. WOW, what performance. I decided right then and there to buy one . I got several quotes and was able to get local BMW dealor to come within $700 of my other quote;so, I purchased it from them. It took a little time for me to master the Controler and the 100 &1 things to do. I really love the car and couldn't have made a better choice.

Beauty and the Beast
By Steve on 04/12/05 11:15 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I’ve owned 9 BMWs. We presently own 3 (2004 325xi, 2003 X5 4.4, and a 2003 745Li). I really agonized about giving up my last 740iL so I didn’t get one of those awful first year 745s. Well, after 2 years and 17,000 miles in the 745Li, I have to say it is the absolute best car I have ever driven but the absolute worst pile of electronic crap I’ve ever had to deal with. I’m an engineer so I understand iDrive but this 745 has become a one-user car because iDrive is unnecessarily complicated and no one else in the family will drive it. Reliability has been perfect but this new style reminds me of driving a well engineered brick, not an art form like previous cars.

going back to mercedes
By Kristopher ogonowsky on 03/12/05 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car handles and performs great but it stops there. The electronic are a nightmare, phone only work 50% of time, front seat should be in line with tne center pillar and the front door should be bigger. The steering wheel moves too slow. I really regret buying this car, especially coming out of an S class

My 745Li
By Kevin Lenihan on 02/22/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The "noise" about iDrive is just that - noise! If you have a desktop or laptop, iDrive is child's play. It takes a little while to become accustomed, but I would not want to be without it now.

BMW 745Li
By Alex on 01/21/05 23:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2005 745Li. I had a 2000 740iL before, and traded that in on this. The car has so much on it, it is somewhat confusing at first, though you learn how to use everything eventually. I still am not sure how to get the cell phone into the charger in the middle compartment, it doesnt seem to want to connect. Anyway, I had gone to look at Jaguar and Mercedes before this, but easily decided on the BMW in the end, because of all the features it offers.