2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
3 years with no problems
By IA on 10/23/07 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 3-year lease on this car is about to end and I am a very happy customer. This is a great car and I am still extremely happy with it. For all the time the car has been flawless. So far I only took it to the dealership for scheduled service and once to fix a flat tire. Style, performance, comfort, fun to drive... all exceeded my expectations. Everyone who can afford this car should own it at least once!

BMW 745 is an amazing car!
By Jim on 08/26/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2005 BMW 745 and I am very pleased. It replaces a Mercedes S430. The exterior design is gorgeous in my opinon, the interior has some of the Rolls beauty that BMW makes but misses the mark of equisite that I think the new S class has. I like the husky roomy bold look of the 745, and because I am a tall man, it is much more comfortable to drive than the benz. The seats are the best of any luxury car if you get the comfort seats with heated/cooled seats with 20 way adjustments & massager.You can even adjust the side bolsters in & out to fit your sides & adjust the lumbar up & down as well as inflate more or less! Drives like a BMW! New blue tooth module allows for new cells!

Impressive Car
By ppcortho on 11/19/06 00:24 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm not one who is easily impressed with automobiles priced below $100K. My new BMW 745Li, however, is different. I've owned it for 2 months now, purchased as a CPO. Not thinking much of the exterior styling when it first debuted in 2002, I've grown to LOVE the way the 7-series looks. The 745Li stands out from the crowd. The new 2006 750 design has a more generic, less aggressive look (front end). Thus, I had to search for a CPO. I look forward to driving the car because I almost feel unworthy of the luxury it possesses. Quite, smooth ride and hits 100 mph with ease and composure. Logic 7 stereo is great! The iDrive is not bad at all, although the improved '06 version is better.

I LOVE MY BIMMER
By Kahuna on 11/11/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a very family/business oriented car, yet it has that very mystic characteristic about it. You can feel the power when you need it at a moments notice, yet it does it with finesse. Gas mileage is excellent and so are the handling characteristics. Everything about this automobile is done in a very superb fashion and I LOVE IT. The only thing is you have to keep your eye on the speedometer, because that is the only way you'll know how fast you're going. That's how fast this grand lady is. If I had to purchase another vehicle right now, it would be a BMW 7 Series, no questions asked.

Can't Imagine...
By PEB on 12/31/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th bimmer. Didn't think I'd ever spend $80K for a car, but figured now or never. The car is fantastic!! No glitches, no trouble using iDrive. Ten thousand trouble free, love filled miles. After 8 months I'm still finding features that surprise and delight me. I can't imagine a more perfect car.

I miss my 2001 740
By CFC on 11/20/05 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I miss the gear shift. I miss the easy controls. I miss the aggressive style. The 745iL is engineered well, handles great and is comfortable. Unfortunately I don't feel connnected. The trunk looks like I'm transporting a coffin. I'm a computer guy and the iDrive especially the NAV is annoying. The phone hears me...sometimes. The say it a software problem. Unfortunately it's hard to reboot on the freeway at 65. Unless things change, this is my last one. PS I love renting a car when I bring it in for service. At 80K I probably don't deserve one !

What are they talking about
By bimmerman375 on 10/01/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving this car for the last few weeks, I can't imagine what troubles critics initally had with it. First and foremost, this machine drives beautifully; though it is large, the steering is incredibly light, especially at parking lot speeds. It has great interior and exterior designs and the comfort features (for example, ventilated seats and automatic closing trunk) are, though unnecessary, quite amazing. Idrive is also not very complicated - after 3 hours or so, I was able to master most features. Additionally, BMW still gives you the option of controlling most things (like the radio) from dedicated buttons on the wheel or center stack. This is a great car, indeed.

The best new car experience ever
By YL on 09/30/05 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Drives like a charm. Still somewhat of an eye catcher :-) Gas mileage just below that of my retired 328i.

Critics need to calm down
By bimmer35 on 09/05/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car about a week ago, and all I can say is that it is fabulous. The ride quality is superb, and it offers every creature comfort one could need. The seats are comfortable and there is ample room. Why then do critics mock BMWs premium sedan continuously? I believe iDrive is their central concern, but after only two days in the car, I grew quite comfortable with the GPS, entertainment, communication, and climate functions of the car. The only real problem I have with this car is keeping my kids away from all of the buttons that control the interesting features. All in all, i believe this to be a better car than the other competitors.

A real driving machine
By Semmelmeyer on 07/31/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was all set to buy a Lexus LS430 to replace a older Lexus LS 400. I drecided to test drive the BMW745li. WOW, what performance. I decided right then and there to buy one . I got several quotes and was able to get local BMW dealor to come within $700 of my other quote;so, I purchased it from them. It took a little time for me to master the Controler and the 100 &1 things to do. I really love the car and couldn't have made a better choice.

1 2 3 4 5 next »