Used 2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

3 years with no problems
By IA

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 3-year lease on this car is about to end and I am a very happy customer. This is a great car and I am still extremely happy with it. For all the time the car has been flawless. So far I only took it to the dealership for scheduled service and once to fix a flat tire. Style, performance, comfort, fun to drive... all exceeded my expectations. Everyone who can afford this car should own it at least once!

Favorite Features

Reliability, comfort access (keep the key in your pocket!), navigation system, Logic7, the car is extremely comfortable for long distance trips.

Suggested Improvements

I wish Bluetoth was offered back in 2005.

BMW 745 is an amazing car!
By Jim

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2005 BMW 745 and I am very pleased. It replaces a Mercedes S430. The exterior design is gorgeous in my opinon, the interior has some of the Rolls beauty that BMW makes but misses the mark of equisite that I think the new S class has. I like the husky roomy bold look of the 745, and because I am a tall man, it is much more comfortable to drive than the benz. The seats are the best of any luxury car if you get the comfort seats with heated/cooled seats with 20 way adjustments & massager.You can even adjust the side bolsters in & out to fit your sides & adjust the lumbar up & down as well as inflate more or less! Drives like a BMW! New blue tooth module allows for new cells!

Favorite Features

Seats!! Handling! Comfort, luxury galore! Braking, safety, 19" wheels! Side rollup screens, power operated trunk, soft close doors, sound system!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the grey interior plastic, dress up the dash just a little more, smooth out the rear and the 745 looks will match its performance and handling!

Impressive Car
By ppcortho

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm not one who is easily impressed with automobiles priced below $100K. My new BMW 745Li, however, is different. I've owned it for 2 months now, purchased as a CPO. Not thinking much of the exterior styling when it first debuted in 2002, I've grown to LOVE the way the 7-series looks. The 745Li stands out from the crowd. The new 2006 750 design has a more generic, less aggressive look (front end). Thus, I had to search for a CPO. I look forward to driving the car because I almost feel unworthy of the luxury it possesses. Quite, smooth ride and hits 100 mph with ease and composure. Logic 7 stereo is great! The iDrive is not bad at all, although the improved '06 version is better.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, power, massager on driver's seat on long trips, Logic 7 sound system, exterior and interior styling, roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system.

I LOVE MY BIMMER
By Kahuna

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a very family/business oriented car, yet it has that very mystic characteristic about it. You can feel the power when you need it at a moments notice, yet it does it with finesse. Gas mileage is excellent and so are the handling characteristics. Everything about this automobile is done in a very superb fashion and I LOVE IT. The only thing is you have to keep your eye on the speedometer, because that is the only way you'll know how fast you're going. That's how fast this grand lady is. If I had to purchase another vehicle right now, it would be a BMW 7 Series, no questions asked.

Favorite Features

All of it.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower.

Can't Imagine...
By PEB

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th bimmer. Didn't think I'd ever spend $80K for a car, but figured now or never. The car is fantastic!! No glitches, no trouble using iDrive. Ten thousand trouble free, love filled miles. After 8 months I'm still finding features that surprise and delight me. I can't imagine a more perfect car.

Favorite Features

Power, style, stereo, navigation. Heated steering wheel.