Used 2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

3 years with no problems
By IA

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 3-year lease on this car is about to end and I am a very happy customer. This is a great car and I am still extremely happy with it. For all the time the car has been flawless. So far I only took it to the dealership for scheduled service and once to fix a flat tire. Style, performance, comfort, fun to drive... all exceeded my expectations. Everyone who can afford this car should own it at least once!

Reliability, comfort access (keep the key in your pocket!), navigation system, Logic7, the car is extremely comfortable for long distance trips.

I wish Bluetoth was offered back in 2005.

Impressive Car
By ppcortho

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm not one who is easily impressed with automobiles priced below $100K. My new BMW 745Li, however, is different. I've owned it for 2 months now, purchased as a CPO. Not thinking much of the exterior styling when it first debuted in 2002, I've grown to LOVE the way the 7-series looks. The 745Li stands out from the crowd. The new 2006 750 design has a more generic, less aggressive look (front end). Thus, I had to search for a CPO. I look forward to driving the car because I almost feel unworthy of the luxury it possesses. Quite, smooth ride and hits 100 mph with ease and composure. Logic 7 stereo is great! The iDrive is not bad at all, although the improved '06 version is better.

Ride, comfort, power, massager on driver's seat on long trips, Logic 7 sound system, exterior and interior styling, roomy interior.

Navigation system.

I LOVE MY BIMMER
By Kahuna

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a very family/business oriented car, yet it has that very mystic characteristic about it. You can feel the power when you need it at a moments notice, yet it does it with finesse. Gas mileage is excellent and so are the handling characteristics. Everything about this automobile is done in a very superb fashion and I LOVE IT. The only thing is you have to keep your eye on the speedometer, because that is the only way you'll know how fast you're going. That's how fast this grand lady is. If I had to purchase another vehicle right now, it would be a BMW 7 Series, no questions asked.

All of it.

More horsepower.

Can't Imagine...
By PEB

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th bimmer. Didn't think I'd ever spend $80K for a car, but figured now or never. The car is fantastic!! No glitches, no trouble using iDrive. Ten thousand trouble free, love filled miles. After 8 months I'm still finding features that surprise and delight me. I can't imagine a more perfect car.

Power, style, stereo, navigation. Heated steering wheel.

I miss my 2001 740
By CFC

2005 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I miss the gear shift. I miss the easy controls. I miss the aggressive style. The 745iL is engineered well, handles great and is comfortable. Unfortunately I don't feel connnected. The trunk looks like I'm transporting a coffin. I'm a computer guy and the iDrive especially the NAV is annoying. The phone hears me...sometimes. The say it a software problem. Unfortunately it's hard to reboot on the freeway at 65. Unless things change, this is my last one. PS I love renting a car when I bring it in for service. At 80K I probably don't deserve one !

Engine

Start all over again with the design. Bring back the the gaer shift Simpify the the I drive. Go to a Lexus or Infiniti training class to learn how to treat customers.