2005 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
BMW 745 is an amazing car!
By Jim on 08/26/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2005 BMW 745 and I am very pleased. It replaces a Mercedes S430. The exterior design is gorgeous in my opinon, the interior has some of the Rolls beauty that BMW makes but misses the mark of equisite that I think the new S class has. I like the husky roomy bold look of the 745, and because I am a tall man, it is much more comfortable to drive than the benz. The seats are the best of any luxury car if you get the comfort seats with heated/cooled seats with 20 way adjustments & massager.You can even adjust the side bolsters in & out to fit your sides & adjust the lumbar up & down as well as inflate more or less! Drives like a BMW! New blue tooth module allows for new cells!

What are they talking about
By bimmerman375 on 10/01/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving this car for the last few weeks, I can't imagine what troubles critics initally had with it. First and foremost, this machine drives beautifully; though it is large, the steering is incredibly light, especially at parking lot speeds. It has great interior and exterior designs and the comfort features (for example, ventilated seats and automatic closing trunk) are, though unnecessary, quite amazing. Idrive is also not very complicated - after 3 hours or so, I was able to master most features. Additionally, BMW still gives you the option of controlling most things (like the radio) from dedicated buttons on the wheel or center stack. This is a great car, indeed.

The best new car experience ever
By YL on 09/30/05 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Drives like a charm. Still somewhat of an eye catcher :-) Gas mileage just below that of my retired 328i.

Critics need to calm down
By bimmer35 on 09/05/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car about a week ago, and all I can say is that it is fabulous. The ride quality is superb, and it offers every creature comfort one could need. The seats are comfortable and there is ample room. Why then do critics mock BMWs premium sedan continuously? I believe iDrive is their central concern, but after only two days in the car, I grew quite comfortable with the GPS, entertainment, communication, and climate functions of the car. The only real problem I have with this car is keeping my kids away from all of the buttons that control the interesting features. All in all, i believe this to be a better car than the other competitors.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Wease944 on 07/04/05 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car. The Sport package makes for a stiff ride so watch out for pot holes if you get this option.The engine has more than enough power, (the 2006 has 40 more horsepower). The "I" drive took a little getting used to but its ok now. The car is solid, quiet and fun to drive. I just wish they had an option to install XM Radio instead of Sirius. I highly recommend this car.

Great exterior looks but bad interior
By Chris on 03/18/05 11:07 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

They destroyed the interior and I regret my wife ever got this car. She doesn't drive it much but I do 80% of the time. I told her I have never seen a car take which was so great from an interior point of view before in the 2002 and under 7 series that felt you were in a cockpit of an airplane and totally destroy it. We plan on selling it this summer and going over to the S500 mercedes. Real sad because we a have had BMWs for 15 years.

Great car
By TonyB on 02/25/05 23:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven Mercedes (including the Mercedes 500E) for the past 25 years, and this BMW has so far exceeded my expectations. It's lots of fun to drive and handles superbly. I am tall with hip and back problems and the seats are the most comfortable of any car I've had. Also, the layout of all the controls is ergonomcially superior to any other car. Make sure you get the comfort acess option and heated steering wheel. You'd be making a mistake if you didn't.

Awesome Car
By Eric K on 02/05/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I got my new 745i in Aug of 2004. I have to say I was skeptical since the car as plagued with problems form the intro of the 2002 car. However, I have to say that I am very statisfied with my new 7 (which replaced a 2001 740i Sport). I got the comfort seats and did an AC Schnitzer aero kit on the car. It looks outrageous. I love this car. The iDrive? What's the fuss. It's like anything else new. Once you get used to it, no problem. I ave to say though that BMW needs to take a lesson from Acura on the navigation system. Although I can use it, it can be simplified. A great car overall!!!

What's not to like?
By Klaus is in the Haus on 01/20/05 17:27 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2nd Beemer. 1st was the M Roadster. The 745i is so much more comfortable and almost as much fun to drive. Most features well thought out but some defy logic. (What were the designers thinking when they put the door lock/unlock switch in the middle of the dash?) I-Drive learning curve is steep but a wonderful concept. The steering wheel controls and mode button are all I need to shuttle between Satelite, AM and 7 CD's without taking my eyes off the road. I just wish they would improve the navigation menus and display CD track titles. The Sat radio implementation is fantastic! I usually leave this set to display artist and track title. Hands free phone is nice too.

DONT BELIEVE THE CRITICISM
By TAMPABMW on 01/19/05 08:19 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Dont let the negative criticism scare you away from this gem. In spite of negative reviews, BMW is selling almost 11,000 745 models a year. There is a reason: it is a fantastic driver's car without sacrificing any luxury. The power is always there and the handling will amaze, and--Comfort! Do not let the I-Drive criticism affect your decision. The basic drive elements of the car are independent of the system. Most of the other systems (toys) are redundant through I-Drive or voice recognition so if you don't like it, you don't have to use it. But if you can use a multifunction remote control for your stereo/tv/dvd, you will have no problem with I-Drive, and may come to enjoy it.