Luxury Learning Curve
By SteveC on
2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
After driving Mercedes since 1985, I finally bought my first beamer. The 745i has great looks, handling, acceleration, finish... all you'd expect from a luxury sports sedan. However, why does the car's design require acknowledgment/cancellation of a disclaimer every time I start it? How many times does it take to push a button for "Park" instead of mistakingly "shifting" into reverse? How many times does it take to stop turning on the the windshield wipers when I really want to shift into reverse? Perhaps this car is really not for me -- there IS a learning curve -- and all I wanted to do is enjoy driving it.
Favorite Features
Lots of features to like: style, quietness, acceleration, wonderful optional luxury seats, self-closing doors & trunk... and great gas mileage (23.3 mpg).
Suggested Improvements
Ok, ok, so I'm an old dog who can't easily learn new tricks. But why should this $75,000 car be so tricky to drive? Simplify operating controls and put a "stop" to return the turn signals to an "off position." Satellite radio still not available for the 7-series.