Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw 7-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Would change it for the world
By Chris Wardak

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My first BMW 745. My previous car was a volvo S80 and I can't even compare them. The German engineering is astounding. Road handling and performance is at its best when you're driving this car. Yepp I'm a techy geek and love the computerized interior. The car basically purrrsss and I sometime can't even tell if it's running. Every part of this car comfortable from the look, feel, and use. I'm hoping my car could the new 645ci. If not, I'm definitely getting another 745 at a minimum.

Favorite Features

Interior computer, integrated cell phone, voice activation, steering, heated and ventilated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Integrate the iPod into it and also be able to have the navigation and CD changer. Also, a heads up display on the windshield would make it a flawless car.

The Ultimate Driving Machine...IReally!
By Lawyerman

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I extensively tested and researched the Mercedes S500, Audi A8, the Lexus LS430 and the BMW 745LI. This car clearly surpasses them all. Forget about what they say that the command control is confusing. I'm no technophile, but I mastered it in less than 10 minutes. This car comes with dozensmore features than the Mercedes and is less money. The Lexus is nice, but it is not a beast on wheels like the BMW. I use to teach Police Officers High Speed Pursuit driving so I know performance when I drive it. This car is simply the best. It combines the best of everything, luxury and high performance into one cool package.

Favorite Features

Active cruise control, navigation system, command system, Logic 7 surround system, active headlights (great for curvy roads, awesome seats fit for a king,convience package...everything!

Suggested Improvements

Make the A/C so you can control both driver and passenger temps with one control instead of individually.

Paul's Appraisal
By Paul Reed

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned 1998 and a 1999 740il, an x5 SUV, and this 745IL exceeds all in comfort, performance and luxury. It is a fine driving machine. The i-drive is a little difficult to get used to but it provides all data and settings required. If this were a hotel it'd be rated 5 star..

Favorite Features

The door lock and flasher light switch has been moved onto dash from the console.. now the dog can't lock door or turn on flashers by stepping on them.

Suggested Improvements

Simplify the i-drive.

I like it
By Repoman777

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th BMW and by far the best. I also own MB E class but I like the 745i better. The computer display could be improved to a more logical layout. It has too many things all over the place and could be organized in a more meaningful way. The parking distance and navigation system did not appeal to me that much. The performance and the head turning factor is tremendous.

Favorite Features

Performance and head turning appeal. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Pass on the parking distance and navigation system. XM or Sirius should be standard.

Surprisingly Bug Free
By Joe Jensen

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was hesitant to trade my 2001 740iL for the newer model (E65) after reading about all the issues with the 2002 and 2003 model years. The leasing incentives were just to good to pass up so I made the move. In a word, I'm thrilled. This car is more nimble, quicker, handles better, brakes better, and rides better than my 2001. I'm still not crazy about the styling, but I'm willing to live with it to get all the other improvements. My 2001 was in the shop 5 or 7 times in the first 6 months for minor issues. I've had this car for 2 months with zero issues and I'm really picky. I think they have the issues resolved for the 2004s...joe

Favorite Features

Brakes, transmition, active suspension, and the performance

Suggested Improvements

I don't care for the dash, the silver painted plastic in the interior.