2004 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Bug Alert
By Bummed BMW Buyer on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you happen to get one which has some sort of bug in the complex computer system which runs the vehicle, you are doomed. I have had the same problems over and over again. Faults in the airbag/restriant system keep occuring. Something is draining on the battery and keeps shutting the car down such that interior lights dont work, the convenience package portion stops working, CD's keep shuffling through the changer and starting at the 1st CD every time, etc. Things have a mind of their own and reset themselves constantly. The bells and whistles don't work half the time. My advice, the vehicle is not worth the money they are charging.

We've got 2 and love them both
By AaronRBose on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We've got two 745Li's loaded with every available option except the sport package and adaptive ride package. Car is absolutely amazing - definetely worth the $90K each of them were. Absolutely fantastic cars that look and handle great - iDrive is very easy, even for my computer illiterate grandparents. If you're going to spend the $$, this is the car!

No Morre Mercedes
By CEODepot on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I did not want a BMW it was a "honey do" thing, my wife wanted one. Now there is another reason for the "I told you so's" I love the car, love the feel, love the perfomance....it is a great car. I went from a Mercedes S500....and will never look back.

Love the new 7
By Vik Malik on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 745 came with a lot of baggage....so called experts criticizing the new look, the i-drive, the complexity, etc. The proof is in hte pudding, as they say.....BMW has sold more 7 series cars in the US since they came out with the 745 than ever before and now sell more cars than Mercedes in the US. I love the new look of the 7. It is distinctive, masculine and the wave of thefuture. The Mercedes S Class looks not much different from the Lexus or Acuras of the world. Well done BMW. The 745Li runs smoother, corners better, hugs the road firmer, accelerates faster and generally outperforms all cars in the luxury sedan class.

could be so much better
By Art Kubach on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

BMW seems to have a problem with fit and finish. I also own an 2001 x5. They have problems with plastic parts that fall off (small control buttons on the dasboard of the x-5, rocker panels on the 745) Also have a problem with paint peeling on x-5 interior door handles, and 745 rocker panels. The plastic is probably polyethelene if it is not heat treated poperly nothing will stick to it, that is probably the problem. However since I purchased the x-5 in 2001, and, the 745 in 2003 you would have thought that they would have fixed the plastic/paint problem by now.

Lemonade Machine
By Lakewood on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed with my purchase. The car has been in for repair 10+ times. The idrive is painfully complicated and I am a gadget freak. I tried to get a value for trade in and was shocked at the depreciation.

Best 7 Yet!
By Burt Spielman on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Our fourth 7-Series, this car far exceeds past models in performance, comfort and convenience. Of particular note is the Dynamic Stability Control, which enables the car to take curves at speed with absolutely no noticeable body lean. BMW's philosophy of eliminating excess buttons and permitting the driver to concentrate on driving is well carried out via an excellent voice activation system and the intuitive, albeit controversial, iDrive controller. Extraordinarily adjustable heated, ventilated, massaging seats, the height of comfort, alleviate the stress of driving while simultaneously stimulating the driver to prevent driving fatigue. The Logic7 audio system is superb.

My Best Vehicle Ever
By Ed Giannasca on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2003 BMW 745Li Sport Sedan is a very special car. The new 7 series has met a lot of criticism and I wish to speak up. The comments and abuse about the i- drive is a lot of hype and I do not see it. The i-drive makes it very easy to control the day to day functions of the vehicle. The portable phone has the ability to scroll through the entire address book to retrieve a number and you simply tap the mouse to dial out. My car is in Jet Black with the pearl grey sport interior and all blacked out trim. I regularly have people looking at the car wondering what it is. It has a very aggressive yet subdued appearance.

It's an experience - not a car
By bmw ed on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had the car for a month - best car I have ever owned - the I-Drive is very intuitive - my car is loaded with options - so much fun to drive

BurfordCE@AOL.com
By Charles E Burford on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed my 745 but would like more pick up. It is not as good as my last 740.